D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

MindWanderer

First Post
Based on the Fallcrest excerpt:

We now have a public version of Sly Flourish, so you can add that to the PrRC without violating your "no KotS" code.

You can also tentatively add:
Dazing Strike - Rogue Attack 7
Encounter - Martial, Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon
(Requirement: You must be wielding a light blade?)
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target is dazed is until the end of your next turn.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Ability Score Point Buy

From the PHB

Start with 8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, with 22 points to spend

Code:
Score	Cost
9	- (1)*
10	0 (2)*
11	1
12	2
13	3
14	5
15	7
16	9
17	12
18	16
*If your score is 8, you can pay 1 to make it 9 or 2 to make it 10. You must buy your score up to 10 before you can improve it further.

Note: This is mathematically the same as Totoro's Method (B in PrRC), where the stats start at 8 with a 32 point buy.

Jack99

Adventurer
I just wanted to thanks Verys Arkon for all the work you have put into keeping this updated for the last months. It has been tremendously fun playing with the rules you have compiled.

Cheers

Zulithe

Explorer
Yes halflings still are 'small' despite the size increase. I was worried about this, too. But it seems that it wasn't changed. They can't use two-handed weapons and 'versatile' weapons must be used two-handed (and they don't get the damage bonus for doing so). Hope this helps. (oops sorry I accidently replied to a a post many pages back. The way the index links to pages in a thread confused me)

ltbaxter

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
Note: This is mathematically the same as Totoro's Method (B in PrRC), where the stats start at 8 with a 32 point buy.

Almost - it's equivalent subject to the constraint that you can't have more than one stat less than 10. That's actually the main reason WotC seems to have done it this way. What would min-maxers love to do? Have a bunch of 18's and one or two stats that were as low as possible. With Totoro's method you can get to:

18 14 11 10 10 8

Ignoring the 'start at 10' and using 32 pts you can get:

18 18 8 8 8 8; 18 16 14 12 8 8; or 16 16 16 14 8 8

With the use of 'take higher mod' for Fort, Reflex and Will, and the fact that classes only need two very good stats and one decent one, you would see major stat dumping without the 5x10/1x8 system.

More importantly, Verys Arkon, *thanks* for your hard work in doing the PRC !! ;)

FunkBGR

Explorer
Yeah Verys, I know I really appreciate you doing this too. It's been tremendously helpful, and funnily enough, a great marketing tool for Wizards, as I've managed to convert most of my group using it. I wouldn't be surprised if others are the same way.

MindWanderer

First Post
It has become the official prerelease tool for the DMs of my local Game Day event and its associated Meetup group. And, if I do end up going with a tiefling paladin/wizard as one of my first RPGA characters (nothing's set in stone until I see the books), his name sill be Arkon.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Updated to v2.7

CHANGED IN VERSION 2.7 (MAY 27.08)
• Added Warlord powers Viper’s Strike, Leaf on the Wind, Aid the Injured, and Steel Monsoon. (Tiefling Warlord pregen)
• Corrected Tactical Assault feat description. (Tiefling Warlord pregen)
• Corrected Cleric’s Healing Word (the + Wis is from Healing Lore, not as part of Healing Words).
• Hide armor has a -1 armor check penalty (Tiefling Warlord pregen)
• Removed +1 Reflex from Halflings, added +1 Reflex to Paladin (undoes the change made in v2.2) (Paladin sheet from Wired blog).
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/05/exclusive-dd--1.html
• Added Iron Will feat (+2 Will defense). (Wired blog)
• Confirmed short sword is +3 proficiency (FreeXenon quotes Scott TheRouse http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=226951 and Peter Shaffer’s reply, same thread)
• Changed spelling of Orcus from Ocrus (Fiendish Dire Weasel)
• Directed reader to KotS for concealment rules.
• Added Readied Actions (Logan Bonner http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4222808&postcount=20
• Updated Burst diagrams to read “Ranged Burst” instead of “Area Burst” or just Burst (Logan Bonner http://www.enworld.org/showpost.php?p=4241259&postcount=8)
• Edited fighter’s combat challenge (based on MindWanderer’s interpretation).
• Added Warlord’s Inspiring Words (Tiefling warlord pregen). Edited cleric’s healing word so it does not add +Wis HP (which seems to be from “Healing Lore” class feature).​

Verys Arkon

First Post
V2.7: The Final Update And Editor’s Note

With only a week to go until the Core Ruleset is available, v2.7 will be the final update for the PrRC. There are known errors contained within the PrRC, but there is no promotional or preview material to correct the errors with. Scoops and internet chatter are referencing the core rulebooks now, so there is little new information that can be added to the PrRC. It is no long PRE-release.

It’s been a pleasure to work with the community to compile the known information about 4e pre-release, and I heartily thank all those that took the time to report errors and inconsistencies, or to provide scoops to be added. I sincerely hope the PrRC has helped gamers with their preparations for 4e, and that they are looking forward to the official launch as much as I am.

I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank the designers and developers at WotC for all the hard work they have put into 4e to improve and reinvigorate our hobby. As much as I’ve enjoyed putting together the PrRC, I’m really looking forward to start my new campaign with ALL the rules, if the tidbits you’ve been showing us over the last year are any sign of what is around the corner!

If I ever make it to Gen Con, please say ‘Hello!’

All the best,
Verys Arkon

Remove ads