• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e Rulebook for DDM is up!

DonTadow

First Post
Gargoyle said:
I've wondered about saving throws in 4e... with Ref/Fort/Will becoming defenses I was thinking they'd be gone, and I found myself missing them. I like the new defenses, but I've always thought the tension over whether someone was going to make or fail a saving throw is a fun part of the game. Perhaps it's not dead yet.
I guess it'll grow on me. It's not a flawed mechanic but certainly different and the way 4e is i am betting that certain things will help you boost that d20 roll.

In any case it solves another problem, people forgetting they have conditions. When you have to roll at the end of each turn, there's no way of forgetting.

Sadrik

First Post
takasi said:
IIRC, there was no 5' step in DDM before.
It seems they contradict themselves on the shift on whether it is effected by difficult terrain or it isn't. The "1-square" square rule at the top of pg 20 and the shift rule at the bottom of pg 20 appear to contradict on face value.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
1 square movement is different than shift. They are two different things.

Many of these rules were similar in DDM before, while being different in the RP game. So, I would not take too much of this as a predictor of the RP rules.

Damage Types

Acid
Cold
Fire
Lightning
Necrotic (New, probably a replacement for Negative energy)
Psychic (new and predicted)
Thunder (New, probably a more fantasy like term for sonic)
Wound (?? maybe it is a term for weapon damage or something harder to heal, like wounding weapons)

HeinorNY

First Post
mach1.9pants said:
Has some special abilities I cannot read a too blurry and the mini is in front of most....
Zehir's Eye: An enemy that misses this creature with an (melee symbol) attack gets a -2 Attack until it next hits a target.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
RigaMortus2 said:
Yeah, because that is sooo difficult and sooo confusing. Was it really that bad for most people to keep track of?

Yes.

Counting in a straight diagonal line (1, 2-3, 4, 5-6) not so much.

Counting when you are moving through a mix of adjacent and diagonals, more difficult. You have to keep track of whether your last diagonal was a single-count or double-count.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads