• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4th level monster conversion project

Rechan

Adventurer
I just want to put this out there for future reference: I want a Mist, Crimson Death. No, it's by far not level appropriate for 4th level, but I just want someone to think about that!

the Jester

Legend
Rechan said:
I just want to put this out there for future reference: I want a Mist, Crimson Death. No, it's by far not level appropriate for 4th level, but I just want someone to think about that!

One of my favorite monsters. :)

I'm thinking I'll make it at about 16th-18th level.

Rechan

Adventurer
Thought that comes to mind.

Derro in previous editions seemed like mad little bastards, all about Secrets and a race geared towards Learning What Man Was Not Meant to Know.

I think they could use some "Far Realms" flavor, of the Star Pact variety. Of that distant, cold world (with perhaps a mutation here or there). Even their "fighters" might have creepy, warlockish powers.

Orius

Legend
the Jester said:
Mostly kind of what you expect, but then add the berbalang and quickling in too. :)

Quickling eh? I was going to suggest that for about level 1 or 2. WotC beat me to the punch. :p

the Jester

Legend
Rechan said:
Thought that comes to mind.

Derro in previous editions seemed like mad little bastards, all about Secrets and a race geared towards Learning What Man Was Not Meant to Know.

I think they could use some "Far Realms" flavor, of the Star Pact variety. Of that distant, cold world (with perhaps a mutation here or there). Even their "fighters" might have creepy, warlockish powers.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking about going back to the original source material- pulp adventure stories from somewhere around the 20s or 30s. :) Creepy, deepearth-dwelling degenerates.

Remove ads