D&D (2024) 50th Anniversary: 6E in 2024?

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
New covers for the 5E rule books with updated errata. The game is still growing. WotC/Hasbro are not going to take risks. The Unearthed Arcana shows us that every month... I expect there will be a major setting release or a Beyond the Yawning Portal with updated sequels to original modules. A new rule set is not needed until the game starts to ramp down.

I dare to say the 5.5 edition will not be published in paper but in a videogame, for example in Baldur's Gate 3 where the favored enemy by the ranger is altered. WotC will use the videogames to test lots of different ideas, for example new classes with special game mechanics.

Other option would be not the same book with different cover but a "videogame", something like a virtual tabletop.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Dungeons and Dragons 5e: Turbo Championship Edition. Changes to races, more fully integrating the new proficiency bonus approach, revisting some of the original material (e.g. sorcerer subclasses with no bonus spells), clean-up on aisle Monk, etc. Fully comptaible with existing material since the underlying math is basically the same.

Remove ads