[5e] Dread Metrol, The Mourning After. (Horror) (OOC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
So the plan is to check out the barn? Might as well. What's the worst thing that could happen?🤔
Famous last words

@Leatherhead who gave us the task - obviously that halfling madame, but in whose name (if we know) - if we're caught we will have law trouble especially if most of the ranch people are innocent.

I don't see what we can accomplish by sneaking around in the middle of the day when they know we're around. We should get out and plan for the insertion later.

Malix already got a glimpse into the building - when he shares that with the rest of the group we can plan getting downthere.

A reminder on post #104
Stories of locals and gossip fill the bars.

A tale of lost family: The familiar story of missing clawfeet, as told by the riders who were bonded to them.

A tale of love: A house baker has become engaged to a clan warrior. You hear of how they met, during a tournament for the game Conqueror, and how the baker pulled off the win using a rare "en passant".

A tale of hunting: A drunken embellishment of how a Sheppard used a sling to down a Sharpooth Titan.

A tale of curios: The local Whitewood Ranch received a shipment of giant spiders for their stables last month, they have a lot of strange and exotic mounts, but who would ride a spider?
DROW

A tale of mischief: Some young halflings recall the pranks they pulled off during the nights of Long Shadows. Who knew a rotten egg could smell that bad?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A reminder on post #104
Stories of locals and gossip fill the bars.

A tale of lost family: The familiar story of missing clawfeet, as told by the riders who were bonded to them.

Yes, I read that. Do you think there's anything more to it? Do you think that relates to our quest directly, or that it's just a story that's being told and it's a red herring to get all of us away, or something?

I'm not sure what you mean without more context.

Edit: Come to think of it, that could be our next stop. Interview the riders about what happened.

A tale of curios: The local Whitewood Ranch received a shipment of giant spiders for their stables last month, they have a lot of strange and exotic mounts, but who would ride a spider?
DROW

Well, drow in Eberron are not the same drow of other worlds, and notably more fond of scorpions than spiders. But it is a strange coincidence.

What's the preferred diet of clawfoots? Not giant spiders, I reckon?

Remove ads