D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
What are the quick stats I can use to determine CR 51+?
1593972697088.png

dave2008

Legend
How did you make that?
What do you mean? Obviously this is an extension of the custom table I made for this thread. If your asking about the math behind it, i don't remember, it was many moons ago and I don't use it anymore. It is a spreadsheet, so they math may be embedded. The standard table has some pretty obvious progressions so it is not hard to extend it. This was done similarly, but with my revisions noted in the OP

I do have a version of the table that extends the official table out to at least CR 50. That is what I use now.

dave2008

Legend
I found this resource that also explains stats for CR 31-40 monsters, although they don't improve 20-30 monsters or go beyond 40 and use the same progression rules as the official system, they do have some good ideas. 5e: CR31+ Monsters
Yep, I've done one of those too (about to at least CR 50) and that is what I use now. I no longer use this custom system when I make monsters.

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
What do you mean? Obviously this is an extension of the custom table I made for this thread. If your asking about the math behind it, i don't remember, it was many moons ago and I don't use it anymore. It is a spreadsheet, so they math may be embedded. The standard table has some pretty obvious progressions so it is not hard to extend it. This was done similarly, but with my revisions noted in the OP

I do have a version of the table that extends the official table out to at least CR 50. That is what I use now.
I was wondering if you had just that, a spreadsheet. That would save a Lolth of time calculating CRs.

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
How powerful is Orcus when he becomes a God? He was able to kill Primus with the Last Word, and it took several gods to take away the last word's power, he probably could've taken over the Abyss if adventurers hadn't slain him. My players finished the Savage Tide adventure path converted from 5e, and Orcus takes over the abyss when Demogorgon is killed. So I think Orcus ascends to around CR 39 to 43 when that happens, and over the course of several thousand years of ascension he dominates a larfe portion of the world, by that time he is CR 51. Then he recovers the essence of Tenebrous, the deific ghost of the ghost of the God Orcus, and fuses himself with Tenebrous, becoming a CR 70 god that manipulates the will of the Abyss itself and takes over the World. How does that sound? Is it balanced and makes sense? Would Orcus be too weak or strong to do this? How powerful would Orcus be at CR 70?

dave2008

Legend
How powerful is Orcus when he becomes a God? He was able to kill Primus with the Last Word, and it took several gods to take away the last word's power, he probably could've taken over the Abyss if adventurers hadn't slain him. My players finished the Savage Tide adventure path converted from 5e, and Orcus takes over the abyss when Demogorgon is killed. So I think Orcus ascends to around CR 39 to 43 when that happens, and over the course of several thousand years of ascension he dominates a larfe portion of the world, by that time he is CR 51. Then he recovers the essence of Tenebrous, the deific ghost of the ghost of the God Orcus, and fuses himself with Tenebrous, becoming a CR 70 god that manipulates the will of the Abyss itself and takes over the World. How does that sound? Is it balanced and makes sense? Would Orcus be too weak or strong to do this? How powerful would Orcus be at CR 70?
He can be whatever you want him to be.

In the scope of the epic monsters in this thread, there is really no benefit to him being a god. He is already as powerful as an intermediate god anyway. So him becoming a god is really a title not a power boost within this context. Also, IMO opinion it takes a lot more than 1,000 years to grow 10 ranks of CR power too. Or course other entities are not just going to let him gain that much power. In theory I had gods topping out at CR 40 (mortals 1-20, gods 21-40 was the idea), but Tiamat and Tharizdun surpassed that so it became a soft limit.

However, I will say it again, he can be whatever you want him to be in your world. In mine, Demogorgon is the one and only Prince of Demons!

Thirteenspades

Great Wyrm
Also, how powerful would the true Asmodeus be? (World Serpent, hundreds of miles long): Asmodeus Description. Notice he created humanoid-looking "avatars" (plural). His avatars' essence roams around the world and the Nine Hells in multiple forms. Seeing as he has multiple avatars, I would use the one from this thread and several others. But how powerful would his true form be? More powerful than Jormungandr (CR 45)? I get the feeling he would be in the 60-70 range, seeing as even his first avatar summons pit fiends for each drop of his blood. Even Tiamat only has a few avatars, all of which are weaker than Asmodeus (at least in my world).

20041082_49b3_1024x2000.jpg

Remove ads