D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

I have posted the Godforged Colossus to the constructs sub-category of the Epic Monsters category. I needed to cleanse my pallet with a simple non-legendary threat. Let me know what you think.

Is the prone or push really worth 45 or so points of damage?

Perhaps Demiurge should say that target is not stunned on a save.

Otherwise, cool!

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Is the prone or push really worth 45 or so points of damage?

Perhaps Demiurge should say that target is not stunned on a save.

Otherwise, cool!

The expectation is that it will use the force sword typically; the slam is just to add some extra damage as a reaction.

I don't think the standard is to say what doesn't happen. If it doesn't happen it isn't listed. that was definitely the 4e standard and I think it is the same in 5e

Last edited:

Ah, sorry. Missed that it had slam as a reaction. Of course. Makes sense now.

Agree that the 4E way is also the 5E way. For some reason I can't put my finger on, the description for the Godforged someheow looked.... wrong. Probably just me ;)

dave2008

Legend
Ah, sorry. Missed that it had slam as a reaction. Of course. Makes sense now.

Agree that the 4E way is also the 5E way. For some reason I can't put my finger on, the description for the Godforged someheow looked.... wrong. Probably just me ;)

No I agree, sometimes the wording is tricky and seems a bit odd. I think there is a more typical wording that works better, I just couldn't remember it when I wrote the colossus and I was to lazy at the time to cross reference. That being said, leaving the information off will always be a little confusing.

dave2008

Legend
In honor of "Curse of Strahd," I have uploaded a slightly beefed up version of Strahd (compared to the official 5e Strahd). Like the official 5e version it is based heavily on the 5e "Master Vampire" from the MM. With a few additional tweaks. Please note that this uses my revised damage expressions and will be tougher than a standard/official CR 17 monster. So don't use this if your running CoS unless you:

1) want a TPK
2) you have a larger group, 6-8 PCs
3) Your PCs are higher level 12+ (for the final fight)

Last edited:

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
I have been following this thread for quite some time and have to ask - when will we be able to buy all these monsters as a compilation from the Dungeon Masters Guild? :) Thanks for your hard work!

In honor of "Curse of Strahd," I have uploaded a slightly beefed up version of Strahd (compared to the official 5e Strahd). Like the official 5e version it is based heavily on the 5e "Master Vampire" from the MM. With a few additional tweaks. Please note that this uses my revised damage expressions and will be tougher than a standard/official CR 17 monster. So don't use this if your running CoS unless you:

1) want a TPK
2) you have a larger group, 6-8 PCs
3) Your PCs are higher level 12+ (for the final fight)

Congratulations on the front page plug from Morrus on your beefed up Strahd (http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3285-Check-Out-This-Beefed-Up-CR17-Strahd!#.Vt9TRPkrK70).

dave2008

Legend
I have been following this thread for quite some time and have to ask - when will we be able to buy all these monsters as a compilation from the Dungeon Masters Guild? :) Thanks for your hard work!

That is a goal eventually; however, I want to get all these drafts up first. And when and if I submit them to the DMs Guild I will only do it if a can get good art for it and I will add lair/domain actions and flavor info as well. So I will need to do a bunch of small submissions (4-12 monster/gods) or start up a kickstarter or something to pay for the art, and maybe writing help.

Glad you like it, its good to know.

dave2008

Legend

dave2008

Legend
I have posted Zaphkiel the leader of the Hebdomad by MechaTarrasque. With that the Hebdomad are complete! Great work MechaTarrasque and thank you for your contributions!

Remove ads