D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

hawkeyefan

Legend
I had not initially planned to do NPCs, partially because I don't think they would be high enough CR for this project. However, someone requested Iggwilv and I did a little research her savage tides version was CR 30! So I am working on a update of her. I'm not sure what her CR will be yet (I'm starting with a level 20 wizard and adding some epic boons), but regardless of whether it is above or below CR 20 I will post her here.

The big problem I have is that I am just not very familiar with classic D&D NPCs. I've pretty much always run homebrew campaigns for my groups, so I never got invested in the classic NPCs and storylines beyond what I would read in various Monster Manuals, Deities and Demigods, Draconomicon's , etc.

Gotcha. I use a handful of them in my campaign because they date back to my group's early days of D&D. Iggwilv, Eclavdra, and Snyder Itonbelly the fire giant king are all in my game. So far they've been in the background, so I haven't needed combat stats. But eventually, my PCs will have to face them in battle...so I figured I'd ask if you had any versions of them.

I'll keep my eye out for the Iggwilv update. Thanks for sharing these...the effort is appreciated.

dave2008

Legend
Gotcha. I use a handful of them in my campaign because they date back to my group's early days of D&D. Iggwilv, Eclavdra, and Snyder Itonbelly the fire giant king are all in my game. So far they've been in the background, so I haven't needed combat stats. But eventually, my PCs will have to face them in battle...so I figured I'd ask if you had any versions of them.

I'll keep my eye out for the Iggwilv update. Thanks for sharing these...the effort is appreciated.

I hope to have her done by the end of the year (I'm crafting her in between other updates). Who are Eclavdra and Snyder IronBelly? Any old stat blocks of them? With SKT I feel I have a shocking lack of epic giants, so I am intrigued by the fire giant king. I need to add some giant gods as well I think.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I hope to have her done by the end of the year (I'm crafting her in between other updates). Who are Eclavdra and Snyder IronBelly? Any old stat blocks of them? With SKT I feel I have a shocking lack of epic giants, so I am intrigued by the fire giant king. I need to add some giant gods as well I think.

Sorry, that should read Snurre Ironbelly (stupid autocorrect). He's the eponymous big bad from the 1E adventure "Halls of the Fire Giant King", which is part of "Against the Giants" and all the different iterations of that module. He appears on the 5E PHB cover, actually....although I don't think he's appeared anywhere else in the 5E publications. I believe that Chris Perkins did a remake of "Hall of the Fire Giant King" for 4E and Snurre's stats appeared in that, but I am not sure where that adventure appeared. I suppose it was in the online version of Dungeon Magazine.

Eclavdra is the High Priestess of Lolth from the 1E adventure "Vault of the Drow", which is the continuation of the "Against the Giants" series. They're all collected in the epic campaign "Queen of the Spiders". Eclavdra's stats last appeared in the 3E Epic Level Handbook.

Both of them, along with Iggwilv, are characters we used back in the early days of my group's D&D experience. Snurre lost an eye to one of our PCs and then fled, and Eclavdra had to flee from the PCs after they defeated her forces. My current campaign continues a lot of what we did back then, so I have brought these characters back into he fold.

Iggwilv was never meant to be fought back then, and I am not aware she ever really had any official stats, but I am sure she was statted out in the 3E days and I just don't know where.

dave2008

Legend
Sorry, that should read Snurre Ironbelly (stupid autocorrect). He's the eponymous big bad from the 1E adventure "Halls of the Fire Giant King", which is part of "Against the Giants" and all the different iterations of that module. He appears on the 5E PHB cover, actually....although I don't think he's appeared anywhere else in the 5E publications. I believe that Chris Perkins did a remake of "Hall of the Fire Giant King" for 4E and Snurre's stats appeared in that, but I am not sure where that adventure appeared. I suppose it was in the online version of Dungeon Magazine.

Thank you - I have that. He was a lvl 20 Elite in 4e. That probably wouldn't make him an epic threat in 5e, but I can think about it.

Eclavdra is the High Priestess of Lolth from the 1E adventure "Vault of the Drow", which is the continuation of the "Against the Giants" series. They're all collected in the epic campaign "Queen of the Spiders". Eclavdra's stats last appeared in the 3E Epic Level Handbook.

I have the ELH, she is CR 23 in that book. That is right on the border (CR is calculated differently in 3e vs 5e), I could probably fit her in.

Iggwilv was never meant to be fought back then, and I am not aware she ever really had any official stats, but I am sure she was statted out in the 3E days and I just don't know where.

Iggwilv was provided stats in the Savage Tides AP in Dungeon magazine. Issue #149 I think. She is listed as CR 30, though my version will be much lower.

Remove ads