D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

szymanski808

First Post
Of course, I would always put credit to the Original Poster. I would love to see a PDF of what you have already, you don't need to make an update every time you add a monster, I'd just like to see what you've gotten so far, along with the formatting for reference. I'll send you a copy of the compendium I finish if you'd like.

I'm very impressed with all the work you've done, especially doing all of these yourself. I wish I could offer some help in creating or compiling these, if there's anything I can do to help with let me know.

Faenor

Explorer
It's none of my business, but that response leaves me somewhat uneasy about how you plan to use his work. DMsGuild provides too much opportunity for profiting from other's hard work.

szymanski808

First Post
It's clearly written in his response wherein he states: "please don't publish these and if you put the compendium up somewhere, please provide credit and a link to this tread." I will follow those guidelines as written and I do not intended to use this to profit myself, I am very impressed by his work and it took a good bit of digging to find it, and I just want to share my findings with others who could use it in their own home games.

If you are a moderator of this forum, Faenor, I would be glad to discuss this more in detail as it follows the terms of use agreement, but thank you for your concern, and I understand your hesitation.

Faenor

Explorer
I clearly stated its none of my business. He clearly stated don't publish. But you didn't clearly state that you wouldn't. I can't see why a link to this page wouldn't suffice, and I think you need to admit your proposal sounds a little fishy.

szymanski808

First Post
Instead of mulling through each post opening each file for for details, I could have direct access to any file I wanted with a find option, and a much more efficient sorting method, without having to wait until the end of 2016 for the list to be finished and published as a PDF.
I could have just taken it without permission, but I thought I would ask to be respectful to the author to use this for my own purposes.
But again, I appreciate your concern, I know that copyright legality can be tricky in the digital media age. Rest assured I, again, plan to make no profit from any of the information I collect from this link.

dave2008

Legend
Of course, I would always put credit to the Original Poster. I would love to see a PDF of what you have already, you don't need to make an update every time you add a monster, I'd just like to see what you've gotten so far, along with the formatting for reference. I'll send you a copy of the compendium I finish if you'd like.

I'm very impressed with all the work you've done, especially doing all of these yourself. I wish I could offer some help in creating or compiling these, if there's anything I can do to help with let me know.

Szymanski808. If you want to contribute to the project I am happy to send you the word template and excel spreadsheet for calculating CR that I use and you can submit your epic monsters. Just send them to me and I will review and edit them (with your approval) as needed, and then post them on this thread. Mechatarrasque has already submit several (2 of which I have posted and I have two or three more of his I still need to post).

If you are interested just send me a PM and I will give you my email address. FYI, I am working on a new stat block template (the reason I haven't posted Mecha's latest yet) and it is not in word. That being said, I still use the word template for the initial design and layout.

dave2008

Legend
Instead of mulling through each post opening each file for for details, I could have direct access to any file I wanted with a find option, and a much more efficient sorting method, without having to wait until the end of 2016 for the list to be finished and published as a PDF.
I could have just taken it without permission, but I thought I would ask to be respectful to the author to use this for my own purposes.
But again, I appreciate your concern, I know that copyright legality can be tricky in the digital media age. Rest assured I, again, plan to make no profit from any of the information I collect from this link.

No worries. I am happy to make a PDF of everything I currently have and post in the OP. You can download and/or link to it as needed. I can get it done by this weekend if not sooner. If you need it before that, you are free to make the PDF yourself; however, since I have the original word files I would think the quality of my PDF might be a bit better.

FYI, I do hope to publish this at some point, but with art, lore, tatics, etc. so it will be a bit further down the road. Also, what is currently posted are drafts and are subject to change. I tend to find that with long projects like this my design philosophy changes over time. I take the opportunity at the end to go over the whole project and try to make things more consistent, fix mistakes, improve things a bit, etc. So the final pdf will look a bit different.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Dave, do you mind if I post a link to this thread from within a book I have published on DMs Guild?

No problem, I was planning to include a link to your Epic Level Handbook (can't remember the new name) when and if I get around to publishing some of these on the DMsGuild myself. I much prefer making monsters to making PC options, so I greatly appreciate your work (even if it differs from my thoughts on epic PC advanvement). I might even do it in the OP if that is all right.

Giant2005

First Post
No problem, I was planning to include a link to your Epic Level Handbook (can't remember the new name) when and if I get around to publishing some of these on the DMsGuild myself. I much prefer making monsters to making PC options, so I greatly appreciate your work (even if it differs from my thoughts on epic PC advanvement). I might even do it in the OP if that is all right.

Awesome!
I am the opposite - I much prefer making PC options to monsters, so this saves me a whole lot of unwanted effort.

Remove ads