D&D 5E 5e EPIC MONSTER UPDATES

dave2008

Legend
Finally an update! I have uploaded Sealtiel, Bachiel, Erathaol, and a revised Raziel of the Hebdomad to the "Demigods & Celestials" category. These were generously designed and submitted by Mechatarrasque with some very minor editing by me. Thank you some much for your time and hard work Mechatarrasque!

Hopefully after this week I can get back to some more frequent posting. Also, I am working on a new more graphically pleasing template for the stat blocks and hope to introduce that in the near future as well.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
Awesome!

One question. What's the Hebdomad? For the summoning ability.

The Hebdomad are the seven rulers of the seven layers (heavens) of Celestia. The are:

Bachiel (1st heaven)
Domiel (2nd heaven)
Erathaol (3rd heaven)
Pistis Sophia (4th heaven)
Raziel (5th heaven)
Sealtiel (6th heaven)
Zaphkiel (7th heaven) & Ruler of the Hebdomad

I've uploaded stats for Bachiel, Erathaol, Raziel, & Sealtiel so far.

Dave is correct, but I wanted to go into the idea of why Hebdomad members could summon each other. Our thought was that big evil types, for the most part, can't summon each other, because they fear treachery. Big good guys don't have that fear. Being LG Super Saiyan paladin-like celestials, it isn't likely that they will abuse it, and it adds a little bit of a ticking clock to encounters if the murderhobos need (as opposed to it would be nice) to take someone out before they use their summoning. As a DM, I don't think I would start off with it, keeping as a last action if the big guy/lady looks like he/she is going to lose.

dave2008

Legend
Dave is correct, but I wanted to go into the idea of why Hebdomad members could summon each other. Our thought was that big evil types, for the most part, can't summon each other, because they fear treachery. Big good guys don't have that fear. Being LG Super Saiyan paladin-like celestials, it isn't likely that they will abuse it, and it adds a little bit of a ticking clock to encounters if the murderhobos need (as opposed to it would be nice) to take someone out before they use their summoning. As a DM, I don't think I would start off with it, keeping as a last action if the big guy/lady looks like he/she is going to lose.

Thanks for adding the clarification!

dave2008

Legend
Hey Dave,

I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a write up for Waukeen the deity of commerce in the forgotten realms. I am playing a son of Graz'zt in a FR campaign and she has it out for me something bad because of that old "For Duty and Deity" adventure. Thoughts?

UnkownDyson, I finally got around to finishing your request. I posted Waukeen to the Lesser Gods Section. Take a look and let me know if have any suggestions for modifications or adjustments.

Remove ads