• COMING SOON! -- The Awfully Cheerful Engine on Kickstarter! An action comedy RPG inspired by cheerful tabletop games of the 80s! With a foreword by Sandy 'Ghostbusters' Petersen, and VTT support!

D&D 5E 5e Exploring a New Frontier OOC (Closed)

Mike291

Explorer
I took the ritual caster feat and picked (wizard) at first level with my variant human. If that is not ok I can re-work the character.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
My character is done, mechanically, on D&D Beyond. Just writing his background and I will post a version to the RG later today or tomorrow.

Steve Gorak

Explorer
I took the ritual caster feat and picked (wizard) at first level with my variant human. If that is not ok I can re-work the character.

Hey [MENTION=6911206]Mike291[/MENTION], just FYI, my wizard will also have a lot of ritual spells. I wanted to give you a head's up, because feats are quite precious, and there will be some redundancy between our two characters. I personally don't mind, but I've played in a game where my warlock took the ritual caster wizard feat, and basically was trying all the time to cast the rituals before the wizard, just so it could feel relevant. It didn't feel as the beast use of my feat.
My character is ready, I'll post it in the RG this morning.
Cheers,

SG

Mike291

Explorer
No worries I can totally go a different route just wanted to make sure we were covered. I will change was really looking to make sure we could give Lilly every sneak attack possible with an owl familiar and flyby.

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Before I change feats what spells do you have as rituals?

[sblock=Magic]
CLASS FEATURES Wizard
- Spellcasting: Intellignece is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 13. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +6.
Arcane recovery Once per day when you finish a short rest, you recover spell slots that have a combined level equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up),
and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
Ritual CastingYou can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You don't need to have the spell prepared
Arcane tradition Abjuration
Abjuration savant: Abjuration spells cost 25gp/spell level to copy
[sblock=Arcane ward]: Starting at 2nd level, you can weave magic around yourself for protection. When you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, you can simultaneously use a strand of the spell's magic to create a magical ward on yourself that lasts until you finish a long rest. The ward has hit points equal to twice your wizard level + your Intelligence modifier. Whenever you take damage, the ward takes the damage instead. If this damage reduces the ward to 0 hit points, you take any remaining damage.

While the ward has 0 hit points, it can't absorb damage, but its magic remains. Whenever you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, the ward regains a number of hit points equal to twice the level of the spell.

Once you create the ward, you can't create it again until you finish a long rest.[/sblock]

Cantrips Known: minor illusion, light, prestigitation, mage hand
Spells prepared: 5 level + 3 int mod
1st Level Spells (4 slots): Shield, sleep, silent image
2nd Level Spells (3 slots): web, misty step
3rd Level Spells (2 slots): counterspell, slow, sleet storm

Spell book spells: 6 free at level 1, then +2 per level: 14, rest bought
level 1: alarm (r), find familiar (r), unseen servant (r), Shield, sleep, silent image, detect magic (r), identify (r), absorb elements, comprehend languages (r)
level 2: misty step, web, invisibility, Flaming Sphere
Level 3: counterspell, Leomund's Tiny Hut (r), Sleet Storm, slow, water breathing (r)
[/sblock]

Half price on copying abjuration spells makes for a lot of abjuration rituals!
;-)

Cheers,

SG

An Advertisement

Advertisement4