D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

tglassy

Adventurer
Warlock if he wants to do magic. Wizard is still on the table, but that's in a little bit. Right now they're testing for innate magic, which grants automatic acceptance to the Arcane school. Once that's done, they'll reveal whether you got accepted to any others.

FYI, this is a luck roll, and it's a DC 15 to qualify as a Sorcerer. I take into account your background, item choice and other things to add or subtract modifiers to it, which is why Jordy succeeded but Mim didn't, even with the same roll. 10-14 means little innate magic potential. Less than 10 means none.

Of course, just because you are accepted for innate magic doesn't mean you can't be a wizard if you want. Or even a Warlock, if that suits you. Patrons look for magically gifted individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
Keep in mind, this is just the qualifying. Your actual class will be determined with what you do during the downtime.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm sorry, [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION], Mim has been getting crapped on this whole game. Those rolls were horrible. His two best areas, Skill and Combat, wound up rolling so low even the modifiers didn't help. But he still has Arcane and Nature. That's something, at least.

BTW, the DC to get in was 10. If you got at least a 10 in a school, you were accepted.

I'll let y'all react to your assignments, and then we can move forward. I'm sure you're wondering what the School of the Immortal is. I need to go in and name each of the schools, I just haven't had time.

The School of Combat is the only place you can learn to use Martial Weapons. If the class you want needs Martial Weapons, and you aren't in that school, you can't learn martial weapons and therefore cannot get that class.

The School of the Arcane will be the only place Arcane Magic can be learned, though even if you didn't get in, you can still find a patron to teach you, but you'd be a warlock. Sorcerers were a random roll. Anyone who is accepted in that school can do Wizard if you want.

The School of the Divine is for access to Divine Magic.

School of Nature is for Access to Nature Magic.

School of Skill is for...well, skills. Important for skill monkeys of all kinds.

The School of the Immortal will be all about looking in to one's self, and mastering your own body/mind.

You may now complain about which schools you did or did not get into!

gargoyleking

Adventurer
LOL Grody the actually sneaky one ends up with a 3 in the skill group. Guess somebody doesn't like him. Oh well, guess he'll be slipping straight into Sorcerer. Maybe he'll spend a little free time trying to 'listen in' to the School of Skill classes. Or maybe he'll just stick with Sorcerer and focus on being a little ball of magical badassery that just happens to be sneaky on the side.

Azurewraith

Explorer
[Teen angst]Meh just like real life no body likes me, no one cares, I'm going to throw my self out a window[/teen angst]

Ah random is random hell digital dice are more random than real dice. It kind of fits though Mim getting shat on. Not entirely sure what to do now, have to mull it over. Is the only way to learn via being in a school or can you sneak in/ have another student teach you? As a lack of martial weapons makes doing most things difficult.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Would we already know things like if the Academy provides food and supplies, Do students have to find ways to earn money to support themselves while there?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases