D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy (Recruiting/OOC)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I randomly rolled just about everything, Tabaxi included :) Changing the proficiency bonus won't be too difficult. It's form fillable.

The Tabaxi information I originally did as a custom race for a short-lived Star Wars free-form writing RP (they originally also had wings). Then I cribbbed it when I started playing a Caitian on a Star Trek simm because there is almost zero canon information on Caitians, and what there is is stipid (vegetarian? Really?!) So now I just adapt and use it for all my feline characters lol

Making it complete was a trick I learned from a history professor in college about writing history essays. PERSIA. Political, Economic, Religious, Social, Intellectual, Artistic.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I tend to crib a lot from history, so for Tabaxi I took a loose Indian caste system (not as wretched and oppressive), Indian dress (sari/choli, loose clothes, because fur), and Indian title (rajah) and layered over it a European feudal system with a Germanic Holy Roman Empire elected emperor. Through in a dash of ancient Babylonian spring fertility ritual (king as high priest, spring conjugal visit to a priestess) and a typical African savanna environment, through in some knowledge about house cat breeding habits, shake, stir, and there you have one big mess. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
I can make that happen!

Give me all your ideas. I might make NPC's out of some that you can take over later if/when you die. If they survive that long.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Luc, a peasant, pride of *hometown*, used to being a big fish in a small pond, comes to the Academy to learn the ways of the warrior. He may need to learn humility.

Darra, a wanderer, lived her life in the wilderness. Quick of body and mind, but withdrawn. She must learn to navigate human society instead of the wild lands. Don't use this one, she's the one I'm fleshing out.

Alexis Starcatcher, sage’s apprentice and scribe, gifted in academic learning. The Academy’s more applied learning will be a shock.

Zaheira, former street-thief turned con-artist. Agile in movement and dialogue. Her challenge is how to make a place for herself when she can’t simply run and hide.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Lol, wow!

Then again, you're a normal person. Normal people would die easy. Now you know what it feels like to be a random NPC!

Remove ads