• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

gargoyleking

Adventurer
At the first glimpses of the wall peeks over the hill Grody surreptitiously checks the pouch containing his sling to make sure that it isn't obvious upon casual inspection. He does his best to conceal his anxiety as the professor speaks and then does his best to blend into the line of hopefuls. When his turn comes, he providers his hand hesitantly and watches every move if the blade as-is transfixed.

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: BTW, i am adding or subtracting my own modifiers from your rolls from here on forward, so if results are skewed from what you see, don't worry about it. I want you to roll yourselves, but actions and choices will affect the roll. So, it's possible to roll a "Passing" score, but still fail, and visa versa.

Professor Haught lifted Zivar's vial once she healed his hand, and swirled it around. Within moments, the blood began to glow and fizzle [roll0] in multiple colors.

"Ooh, a hit on the first candidate," she said, looking down at Zivar. "Congratulations, Master Gnome. You are automatically accepted into the School of the Arcane, where I teach. If you decide to learn magic, I look forward to unlocking the magic locked away inside you."

She moves to Jordy next, and his blood had the same result. [roll1]

"Another one!" she exclaimed. "My, my. This group is already turning out to be special. I expect you will have some interesting times here, little darlin'."

OOC: Need Grody's roll.

tglassy

Adventurer
"Nope!" Professor Haught says as she studies the vial of Dariana's blood. "No magic here. You can still potentially get in the School of the Arcane, it's just not automatic. Some people have magic in their blood, others, don't. Just means you'll have to study harder if you want to learn that."

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim stares at the two "teachers" in front of him all this magic, all there power and they couldn't save anyone? No he couldn't accept this, he will not accept this. Mim got here by chance, he stole to get here. Finally Mim knows why he is here to get stronger and use that strength to protect the helpless.

Mim steps forward his eyes blaze with his new found purpose he stares the women in the eye unflinching as she cuts his hand.
OOC: [roll0]

tglassy

Adventurer
As the professor holds up Grody's vial, it begins to bubble and hiss.

"Ooh," she says, "Looks like your dragon blood has ignited. No wonder you were invited."

She moved to Mim, and frowned as his blood tried to shimmer, but dimmed. "Hmn. Potential, but not quite. Still, you may gain from the School of the Arcane. Sorcery will be out, but you have enough here that a Patron may take you on. They can be dangerous, though."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
All nervousness suddenly forgotten, Grody stares at the bubbling liquid and then up to the Proffessor. "Grody has blood of dragons? Me thought that only Kobold myth..."

Squirrels are evil!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads