5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Dex Save: [roll0]
The human's got me! You better get here quick before I claw his face off! This isn't funny! Riley yells into Zivars head as he starts hissing while twisting around to scratch the crossbowman. "I don't think anyone is behind the walls. Just the one crossbowman, they don't seem ready for us. If we can knock him out before he calls for help...We should move now, he's got Riley and he's is pissed."
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody climbs out of the cart and moves over to the entrance to the cave peeking in from a handy hiding place behind a rock. As he tries to make out the layout and see what is happening for himself.

OOC: Stealth: 1d20+5 23
 
Jordy follows Grody's example, wand at the ready.
[roll=Stealth(1d20+3)]
Unfortunately, he steps on a sharp rock and is not quite able to stifle his gasp of pain.
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
"Hi-yaah!" Quentin heels his horse setting his shield firmly over his torso and ducking the head down.
If someone shoots, he hopes this will be enough.


OOC: move forward, defense action
 

tglassy

Explorer
The crossbowman grabs the cat by the scruff of the neck, lifting it up to eye level.

The wagon barrels through the illusion, and it appears that one moment, the group is traveling along the road, and the next, you are in a large cavern. The driver, who’s name is Javen, pulled the horses to a stop just as they were about to slam into the other end.

The crossbowman’s eyes went wide, and he dropped the cat.

OOC: You have a moment before he can react. He seems to be the only one here.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody ducks into the cavern right after the wagon does and spots the man. He yips in excitement and kicks off a crackling sling stone. Unfortunately, his eyes haven't yet adjusted to the light and the stone flies wide.

OOC: Sling:: 1d20+5 9 1d4+3 6 1d4 1
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar looks around frantically for a moment wondering what to do. Deciding that acting quickly and not allowing this man to sound any kind of alarm. Making sure that we didn't get caught in this trap before getting around the walls was extremely important.

Zivar mutters and incantation, extending the fingers on his hand, crackling with magical energy, towards the crossbowman. Three bolts of energy shot from his fingers, all smashing into the chest of their target.

As Riley is dropped he lands on his feet running off towards the entrance to the cave as a rock narrowly misses his head. Turning to get behind the wall and hide Riley feels safe, determined to not get hit by anything meant for him or anyone else for that matter.

OOC: Magic Missle [roll0]
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Explorer
The missiles hit the man dead center, and he collapses to the ground, his crossbow falling, unfired, beside him.

The cavern goes quiet, but only for a moment. Distantly, through the tunnels, the sounds of fighting can be heard.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody watches the spel strak across the room and strike the man's chest unerringly with a start. He'd learned of the spell in his classes, but never truly seen it in action. Looking up to Zivar, the little kobold yipped his approval.

"Zivar has good spell, Grody like! Grody see what noises are.

And with that, he slipped through the barricade and skulked down the cavern to see what was going on up ahead.

OOC: Stealth: [roll0]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar watches as, in his mind, the body falls lifelessly to the ground. A horrified look comes across his face as a realization takes over him. This is no Academy test. No training exercise. He just killed, not a monster, but a human. Without so much as knowing if he was actually a threat.

Time freezes for a moment for the young gnome until one of his friends bumps into him accidentally and startles him out of his trance. The distant sound of fighting, a realization that there is danger near, clearing the fog in his head a bit.

Riley, I... I hope I made the right choice. Zivar communicates telepathically to his familiar as he hops down from the wagon with a bit of a thud.
His eyes are drawn back to the body. With a solemn look Zivar mutters an incantation, pointing his staff at the body and an illusion of a crate with the Hercule family crest on it appears over the man. As much, if not more, to hide it from Zivar as anyone else.
"Wh What do we do now?"
Zivar looks around, his back to the body, trying to figure out where the fighting is coming from.

Riley tries to comfort his friend. I'm sure you did the right thing. You saved me. More importantly if you dwell on it now you won't be able to help your friends survive this.
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Explorer
[sblock=Grody]Grody goes down the tunnel, alone, but not very quietly. The tunnels twist a few times before opening up to another cavern, this one with an alcove to the right with a number of beds and chests, and a few candles on small tables. To the left is what appears to be an eating area, set up with tables and chairs, and a bar.

Directly across the room is another tunnel, and is much more lively. Men appear from around a bend in the tunnel ahead, apparently scared out of their minds. There are four of them. Three run into the room, diving to the side, while the fourth, still in the tunnel, aims his crossbow at something around the bend behind him, where Grody can't see, firing a bolt. The tunnel is dark, so Grody can't see much of what happens next, but the man's body spasms, a gurgling sound escapes his throat, and he is pulled further into the tunnel, beyond Grody's line of sight. Wet sounds follow.

"It got Lem!" one of the men call out, looking back into the tunnel. All three of them aim their crossbows at the tunnel, as if holding their breath.

"Oh gods, what is that thing!" another says, his crossbow shaking.

"It looks like Halish," the third said, this one a little more in control. "He was always doing those stupid experiments. He must have done something to himself when he disappeared a few weeks ago."

"What do we do?" the first says.

"Make sure he's not following us, then get out of here."[/sblock]

OOC:
[roll0]

Surprisingly, Grody remains hidden.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody watched the scene for a moment, taking it in, then he turned and slipped back up the tunnel to rejoin the others.

"Three humans in next room, one shoot at thing in far tunnel then get dragged in. Methinks he dead. Others speak of other person, say he do ExpEreements, maybe become monster? Grody think, we help them, monster scary!"
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Turns out I haven't been getting notifications and have missed alot
Mim cocks his head to one side before heading off down the passageway to see this so called monster. Mim confidently strides into the middle of the men and unleashes a trick Morgana taught him.
OOC: Casting fey presence to charm the thugs in the room everyone in a 10ft cube must make a wisdom save vs dc 12
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC:
Bandit 1: [roll0]
Bandit 2: [roll1]
Bandit 3: [roll2]

Ok, two of them are charmed. They can't attack you and you have advantage on checks to interact with them. So what do you do? Because that third one is probably about to shoot you in the face with a crossbow.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top