D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"I'm really not sure what to do. I'm lost without the nature school. The school of immortal intrigues me. Is it about purely mental powers or is the subtle connection between mind, body and the universe studied?"

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
"The School of the Immortal focuses on every aspect of the person, not just the mind. Instead of studying how to hurt someone else, or the divine or arcane natures, or even the material world, as in the Nature school, the School of the Immortal is about finding balance within yourself. Many supplement their studies in the School of the Immortal with some martial expertise, learning to hone their bodies to their wills, or even with Arcane studies, to better suppliment their natural abilities."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Listening to the conversation, Grody pushed a chair from another table and pushed it up, then climbed up and stood there to listen. He seemed even more out of place now that he was 'almost' at eye level with the rest of the occupants. Almost as soon as he was up he seemed to want right back down. But with a force of will he stayed and looked to the stranger in their midst. Still trying to decide if he knew the man, or more importantly, if the man knew him.

"How... How do you get your magic awakened?"

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
"It is a hard process," Liam said. "And it isn't pleasant. It takes a traumatic event. And it can leave scars. But, your inner power will wake up. You can then choose to develop it further, or leave it there."

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim stares at Jordy after his last comment what an odd thing to say. Mim turns back to Liam "Why would you want to live forever, you will end up alone,unless, people can come back like Barnabus can. He used to be black, then grey."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Jordy's comment draws the kobold's attention. He nods, clamping his muzzle down for a moment and then replies. "Grody used to tram-at-ik..."

Squirrels are evil!

"What about us with natural, inborn magic? Can I awaken more than my racial heritage? Or is it limited to the element I'm born to?" asks Quentin. "Also, what is undying? A title? Description? Are you undead? Or just physically immortal?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam smiled.. "I am not among the undead. I have merely developed my mind and body to the point where I do not age. It took a century of study, but it is one of the reasons I became the Headmaster of Halcyon Academy.

"Magic, especially inborn magic, is wildly unpredictable. Learning magic outside your racial heritage will be more difficult than staying closer to your heritage, but not overly so."

He looked at Mim and shrugged, "Have you ever not been alone?"

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads