• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Azurewraith

Explorer
"Look for church, for jeweler" Mim heads off looking for Zivar's desires anything to keep out that house tbh Mim does not like the house or it's inhabitants he feels they are dangerous and hiding something.
 

tglassy

Explorer
The kobold's head tilted even further, if anything understanding even less than the girl did. "Sleep over... Why you no have pik nik?"
[sblock=Grody]The girl’s face darkened. “Weren’t you listening? I can’t have a picnic because Daddy’s stuff keeps getting stolen, and now he has to leave tomorrow. Stupid bandits stealing stupid things for stupid reasons. I wish whoever's in charge of them were dead!”

She grabs one of the teacups and hurls it at the wall, causing it to shatter into a thousand pieces. “I hate them!” She screams as she throws more of the tea set against the wall.

The butler comes in at that moment, seeing the child’s temper tantrum and the Kobald standing, confused, next to her.

“I’m sorry, but you mustn’t be in here,” the butler says, hustling the Kobald out of the room as the child’s tantrum runs its course, shutting the door once the Kobald is out. [/sblock]

The rest of the evening goes by quickly. Zivar finds a jeweler in town, but he would be considered little more than an apprentice in Zivar’s family. Mim finds no apples.

You gain a long rest, and the next morning you set out.

OOC:
The plan is to be guards for the next shipment. You will be traveling through a mountain pass, so everyone describe what you are doing to help. And where you are located in the caravan (front, behind, inside, etc). There is one wagon pulled by two horses, and driven by a servant. If any of you have proficiency in Land Vehicles, then you can drive.

If there is anything else you want to do before we leave, then do it now. Otherwise, we move on!
 
Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar identifies himself as a guild member to the jeweler, showing his papers only if needed. He talks shop a little with the jeweler, offering and accepting advice if it seems appropriate, always eager to see new perspectives and ideas, even if it is from someone not as skilled as himself. He tries to leave on good terms.

OOC:
Zivar can send Riley (Cat familiar) out to search the parameter of the caravan while we travel if you think that is a good idea. If that happens he should be in/on the wagon. If not he still wants to be in any place but the back, since he's a scaredy cat.
In the morning before leaving Zivar preps Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Tashas Hidious Laughter, and Comprehend Languages since he is expecting trouble.


In the morning when we are ready to leave.
"Well here goes nothing."
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody, disturbed by the girl's tantrum attempts to slip away before he is found anywhere near her. But in his haste is unable to slip past the alerted butler. He cowers and grovels as needed, explaining that he was just trying to comfort the girl as he's hustled away.

Once back with the others and in a place that he deems private enough, he reports about the sleepover and the tantrum to the others. Still, he looked confused about the entire concept of a 'sleepover' and how it was okay for a young girl, but not for an adult woman.

He also explained, in common, about his eureka moment outburst, at the description of the missing guards and goods. How they were similar to the merchant's abduction, at least to him.

The next morning, The little kobold found himself bundled up in his oversized coat, looking for all the world like a small child. Even the cold winter sun was too much for him, so he huddled in the corner of a wagon, hoping to stay out of sight of any would-be attackers maybe, once the attack was on, he would be a a small surprise to them, with his magic.

OOC: At the manor stealth: Stealth: 1d20+5 11

In the caravan stealth: Stealth: 1d20+5 16
 

Azurewraith

Explorer
Mim listens to Grody's story about the tantrum and wonders if maybe she had something to do with the attack at the Inn. Mim shares this thought with Barnabus and anyone else that can speak mouse.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Mountain Pass
Winter/Morning
Round 0

Asherah took a place at the head of the caravan. She had her flail hanging at one hip and her dagger at the other, keeping alert for trouble on the road.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus:
Reaction:
Free:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 9/9
AC: 13 (leather armor)/14 (dual wield)/15 (shield)
Unarmed: +4 3 B
Claws: +4 1d4+2 S
Flametongue Spear: +4 1d6/d8+2/P+1d6 fire 20/60
Coldtongue Flail: +4 1d8+2/B+1d6 cold

War Priest (2/2/LR)

Spells: +4; DC 12
Cantrips: Guidance, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st (3/3): (Divine Favor, Shield of Faith), Guiding Bolt, Cure Wounds, Healing Word
[/sblock]

[sblock=School results]
Combat 19
Arcane 6 (18) (Favored Soul)
Divine 14
Skill 11
Nature 7 (fail)
Immortal 2 (fail)
[/sblock]
 

MetaVoid

Explorer
Quentin rides proudly up front resplendent in his shiny scale mail and carrying the trident as a lance. Earlier in the morning before they started out he talked to each party member and then shortly as a group motivating and encouraging each of them to be their best. The fact that intriguing Tabaxi girl rides with him is just icing on the cake. And besides, he feels he can more easily protect her if he is close.

OOC: everyone has 3 temp hp due to Inspiring Leader feat
OOC2: [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION], I missed your eureka, what did you discover?
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Ok, so here’s where everyone is:

Zivar: in the wagon. Cat Familiar is out scouting.
Mim: in the wagon.
Grody: …in the…wagon…I’m beginning to see a pattern, here.
Asherah: out front.
Quentin: out front.



The party finds itself rolling along the next morning, the chill air so cold they can see their breath. The mountains are breathtaking as they stretch high above them, even though they are also at a decent altitude already. You are currently traveling through a fairly narrow pass, with mountainous walls on either side of you going up for what seems like miles. You travel for most of the day, break for lunch and then continue. The driver does not seem very talkative. Mostly, he seems nervous, knowing what happened to the last few drivers.

[sblock=Zivar]
Assuming you are looking through your familiar’s eyes, the cat is walking ahead of the wagon about a hundred feet or so, at the limit of your ability to see through its eyes. It is following the road, which is going relatively straight, until it makes a sudden bend to the left. When the cat takes this bend, one moment, it is on a bright, sunny road, and the next, it is in a dark cavern, as if it materialized out of nowhere.

The cat hunches down and flattens its ears, unsure of what is going on. Behind it is the road it thought it was on. Now it can smell the feint odor of death, and in the distance it can hear shouts and sounds of fighting.[/sblock]
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody huddles up against the corner of the wagon bed. The air felt like it was biting at his snout and he couldn't find a way to stop it without stifling himself in his clothing.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Zivar sitting in the wagon eyes closed back against the railing.

"The mountains are so tall. The road is straight, despite hugging the mountains. The pass is narrow, keep an eye out above I will look unnatural if I'm looking up the whole time.
A bend in the road up ahead. Oh! The sun is gone, whats going on, did I get sacked? No, no I see the sun. Strange.
A cave? Does the road go through a cave?
There is a fight! Ahead on the road after it goes left. A dark tunnel or cavern, shouting, fighting. I can smell death.
Let me see if I can get closer without being spotted."


Riley crouches down doing his best to hide in the darkness. moving forward slowly after a little hesitation.
Riley I don't like this at all.
Zivar It is ok Riley we just need to check it out so we know what we are up against
Riley I still don't like it. If I get hurt you are going to pay.
Zivar I won't let that happen. I still remember that hairball you left on my bed. We don't want to do that again.

OOC:
Italic dialog is in the cats head and just to amuse myself.
Looking around [roll0]
I can't find in the spell if my mental stats are used for this or that of a cat so... If perception +1 (Either way), if Investigation +5 if my proficiency and Int is used, -4 if the cat's is used.
Stealth (going under the assumption that it's by the cat's physical attributes) [roll1]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Assuming Zivar said all that aloud, no one in front can see any cave. The road just bends to the left and keeps going.

[sblock=Riley]
The cat looks around. The cave is rather large, and gets larger the further he goes inside. He sees a number of boxes and crates piled to one side, each with the Hercule Family Crest on it. The crates appear to be empty and tossed to the side. There are also large wooden walls, five feet high, to either side of the cave, with arrow slits in them.

A lone man wearing leather armor and sporting a crossbow beside him, is standing nervously near the rear of the cavern looking down a tunnel that leads further in, and notices the cat. He looks at the cat, confused, but lifts his crossbow and starts moving towards the entrance to the cavern. Currently, he can't see the cart, but he will in a moment.[/sblock]

OOC: Also, the wagon is full of empty crates. but the Hercules have a Silver mine.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Don't normally post twice in a day but just to make sure no one is waiting on me.

And yes if I put it in bold my intent is that it is speaking out loud. Italic is thoughts or telepathy.


"It's the trap. Hercule boxes everywhere human sized wooden walls with arrow slits to protect archers, both sides. Man in leather armor with a crossbow. He sees Riley. He is coming towards us but doesn't know about the wagon yet. We need to act quickly." Zivar speaks outloud to the people with him.

Oh no Riley, hide! Riley arches his back and hisses at the man as he steps forward. As he raises the crossbow the cat darts off to the closest stack of boxes to hide preferably sliding in between some boxes and crates. Trying to find a safe space out of site.

OOC: If Riley gets attacked and isn't killed or feels like the crossbowman isn't going to let him be, he does everything he can to break line of site with the crossbowman and tells Zivar to dismiss him to a pocket dimension to be safe.
 

gargoyleking

Explorer
Grody listens to Zivar's description, not understanding what he is talking about. Then suddenly, he realizes that the cat is a familiar. One of their lessons flashes through his mind and a light goes off. Suddenly he understands and speaks quietly in response. "Path lead into cave? Maybe Grody can see. Skyfire too bright for Grody."

Still, the kobold sat in place, no point in breaking cover just yet. With luck a bit of surprise might actually serve to counteract this blasted sunlight. He did however retrieve his sling, a faint crackle of electricity could be heard by those nearby.
 
Last edited:

MetaVoid

Explorer
Quentin looks around. Still seeing nothing, but not doubting his magical friends he tries to prepare them.
"Zivar, can you cast inside without seeing it? I mean, would magic go through this gate or simply up front on the road? Can you put some kind of illusion, sleep or whatever so we can charge in? Otherwise, I'm going in full gallop with shield up. We need to use the confusion your cat caused."
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
"My connection with Riley is magical so I can't believe there is any kind of barrier preventing magic, I don't have any spells that I can cast through him that will do what you are asking."

Zivar looks through Rileys eyes to see if he can see how one would get behind these barricades, or if we can get the wagon close enough to one of them that we could jump off the wagon and get over the wall that way.

"Let me see if I can find a way behind the barricades. Be ready this will not be easy. [Insert drivers name here] Act natural and slow down like you are getting ready to take the corner to buy us time please."
 

tglassy

Explorer
Riley only has a few moments to look around as it ducks behind boxes, and the crossbowman tries to catch him. The wooden walls would be fairly easy to scale, but also have openings on either side.

However, there doesn't appear to be anyone behind them.

OOC: Need a Dex save from Riley as the crossbowman tries to grab him. It has to beat [roll0].
 

Advertisement

Top