D&D 5E 5e Halcyon Academy

Azurewraith

Explorer
Wanting to ask more questions but first, Mim will spend the next 10mins flying round like a headless chicken as high as he can get without passing out.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Academy/Woods
Late Fall/Evening
Round 0

“Oh, that isn’t right!” Asherah said in shock at Mezzra’s words. “I would certainly not wish to see you jump,” she said sincerely, giving the drow girl a hug and a cheek rub, as she would a tabaxi friend. “Maybe I will see you in class,” she said. “That is one of the schools I was accepted into. I just do not know where I will go,” she admitted. “So many choices!”

Asherah turned to give Korlin a reassuring nuzzle, as well. “You will do well no matter where you go,” she told him confidently.

Reaching the bar, they slid into a booth with Raven, and Asherah listened to the older student’s wisdom with rapt attention. Everyone else seemed so confident where they were going. Asherah was wishing she had such confidence.

Getting up for another drink, Asherah spotted the kobold from the forest lingering near the doorway.

“Hello, Grody. Please, come join us. Are you hungry?” she asked. “We have food and drinks. I was about to go to the bar for more.” She gestured to the kobold to join her. “You can help me carry it.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Free object interaction:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/6
AC: 12
Unarmed: +1 1 B
Claws: +1 1d4 S
Flametongue Spear: +1 1d6/d8/P+1d6 fire 20/60
Coldtongue Flail: +1 1d8/B+1d6 cold
[/sblock]

Greenmtn

Explorer
"What do most students do for money while here? Is there a jeweler at the Academy?"

A bit of hopeful anticipation creeps into Zivars voice with he second question.

"Oh, hold that thought, I'll be right back, let me also help with the drinks."

Zivar goes to the bar with Asherah (and Grody?) to help with the drinks and food, insisting on paying for this round of drinks.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Dariana makes her way to the bar eventually. Clearly uncomfortable, she brightens slightly when she sees the rest of you.
She meekly asks, "Mind if I join you?" as she approaches the group

tglassy

Adventurer
Raven brightened significantly as the drinks were brought. She looked up at Dariana.

"Please do, I was just providing some tips for surviving here." She took a long drink from her flagon before setting it down. "Money's made however you like. The economy on this island is pretty good, so there's plenty of money to go around if you're smart. When you pass your finals each year, you'll earn a monthly stipend. Every year the stipend gets bigger. I've heard of some students who earn thousands of gold pieces a month just because they've been here so long.

"Of course, working takes from your study times. You'll have to balance that somehow. There's lots of fun to be had, too, but that also takes from your study time. The more you study, the more likely you'll pass the finals. The less you study....well, let's just say I've seen students who didn't study enough, and didn't actually learn any skills before the finals came along. They don't last long."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody startled at being addressed and instinctively started to respond his old way, before catching himself. "Yes Mas... Er, o... Okay!"

Looking embarrassed and a bit flustered, he rushed to help carry drinks.

Squirrels are evil!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Academy/Jacques’ Tavern
Late Fall/Evening
Round 0

Asherah smiled at Grody. “Relax a little and have some fun,” she said. “We may not get the opportunity once classes start and we have to focus on our studies.” She put drinks on a tray and said, “Thank you, Zivar.”

Turning back to Grody, she said, “I remember how hard I studied my protocol when I was sent to the Suzerain’s court,” she said. “I imagine this will be at least as difficult.”

They returned to the table, which had added Doriana to the group. “Welcome,” Asherah greeted the elf, passing around the ale she had brought.

“To Medrash,” Asherah said, lifting her flagon and pouring out a little ale on the floor for their fallen dragonborn comrade.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Free object interaction:
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 6/6
AC: 12
Unarmed: +1 1 B
Claws: +1 1d4 S
Flametongue Spear: +1 1d6/d8/P+1d6 fire 20/60
Coldtongue Flail: +1 1d8/B+1d6 cold
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Grody looked askance at Asherah for a moment. "Greody have... fun..?" He seemed to take that concept as entirely alien and instead focussed on bringing the drinks to the table. He was just tall enough to edge his little tray onto the tabletop next to raven.

"Difficult, yes. Grody see many go to test but only some come back..."

Squirrels are evil!

Azurewraith

Explorer
Flying around Mim suddenly remembes his list and heads back to the Headmaster on main street to go over all those questions Mim wanted to ask before well he could fly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads