• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[5e] "Into The Woods" Horror one-shot. [FULL][OOC]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
@Neurotic I'm sure you're right about odds, etc. but perhaps the discussion can be brought to this thread please. We have lost a lot of momentum, and I don't feel the discussion is helping get it back, and it is confusing me and I believe others. We've been told to roll a 1d4, and I'd like to just go with that and get back in the swing.

Not quite. The difference is 31.25 vs 33 percent. Probability with re-rolling ignoring 4s is 5 out of 16 instead of 5 out of 15. Minor, but non-zero difference.

For roll 1d2 vc 1d3 it is 13 out od 27 instead of 13 in 26.

Might be a bit closer in infinity of rolls, but first two steps are close enough.

You misunderstand. The only valid result is 1, 2, or 3. Thus, you reroll 4s indefinitely. Every 4 is rerolled. Forever. Yes, there's non-zero chance that you will roll only 4s for the rest of your life. But I'm willing to take that risk.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sorry, I don’t have much time online because I’m looking after my toddler daughter while my wife is ill. If needed, can you play my character as an NPC for a few days?

I expect to be posting regularly again next week.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Apologies for my abrupt disappearance. Switching to a new job has taken up all of my time; hopefully I'll settle in quickly so I can get more active again.

DM, feel free to NPC my character for now.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Is the shadow Umbril attack Considered a magic or a magic weapon?
Echo is magical image, but his attack is my attack - it just originates from different point. So it is non-magical slashing damage from the scimitar

Remove ads