[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m sorry. I’m going to go ahead and pull Drake out. I’ve been going through a Depression Spell, and it always keep me from interacting as much as I should. I need to start consolidating the games I’m in. A few of them are ending soon anyway, so I might finish those, but since were at a stopping point here, I may as well bow out. I’m sorry I held things up.

doghead

thotd
I was leaning towards a martial type, probably a paladin as they bring a little healing. Half orc outsider (wanderer) great weapon fighting..More likely to be taken for a barbarian than a paladin, and not inclined to disabuse anyone of the misconception.

In light of SG’s post, perhaps a travelling companion/guide/guard to his Druid or cleric. Same, or aligned, Faction?

thotd

Read the first few posts of the IC for details about gods in the campaign. They are more like the Greek or Norse pantheons in that people don't generally worship any of them to the exclusion of the others.

doghead

thotd
While I like the idea of the half-orc paladin, didn't really like the way it was built.

So I went with the wood elf ranger.

Medium humanoid (wood elf), chaotic good, ranger 4.
Tools: Flute.
Senses: Darkvision, Passive Perception 15
Languages: Common, Elvish, Draconic, Orc.

Armor Class 16 (Studded Leather)
Hit Points 32 (Hit Dice 4d10) Speed 35 ft.
STR 12 (+1) DEX 18 (+4) CON 13 (+1)
INT 10 (0) WIS 16 (+3) CHA 08 (-1)

Proficiencies (+2 proficiency bonus)
Saving Throws Str +3, Dex +6; advantage on saves against being charmed.
Skills Athletics +3, Insight +5, Nature +2, Perception +5, Stealth +6, Survival +5
Armour: Light, medium.
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons.Actions

Attack. You can attack when you take this action, using the following:
Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 4 piercing damage.
Handaxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6 + 1 slashing damage.
Handaxe. Ranged Weapon Attack +8 to hit, range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit 1d6 + 4 slashing damage.
Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, range 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: 1d8 + 4 piercing damage.
Primeval Awareness. Ranger feature.

Options
  • Fey Ancestry. Wood Elf trait.
  • Fey Ancestry. Mask of the Wild.
  • Favored Enemy. Ranger feature.
  • Natural Explorer. Ranger feature.
  • Colossus Slayer. Hunter feature.
  • Spellcasting. Ranger feature. Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Modifier: +5 Spell Slots: 1st-level (3)

Spells Known
* 1st-level spells: goodberry, hunter’s mark, longstrider
Equipment
* Studded leather, shortsword, handaxe (2), longbow (with 60 arrows), explorer’s kit, hunting trap, flute, money (25 gp)

Background (Outlander)
You grew up in the wilds, far from civilization and the comforts of town and technology. The wilds are in your blood. Even in places where you don’t know the specific features of the terrain, you know the way of the wild.
Wanderer. You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.
Faction. You are a member of the Emerald Enclave, a group dedicated to maintaining the delicate balance between nature and civilization.
Personality Trait. I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching orc horde.
Ideal. Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
Bond. I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
Flaw. There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

thotd

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I’m sorry. I’m going to go ahead and pull Drake out. I’ve been going through a Depression Spell
Sorry to hear about your depression. I hope it passes quickly or, failing that, aid is available.

And sorry to see Drake go, but RL always comes first.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hi guys,

So I’m now leaning towards a fey tome lock, background will likely be folk hero with tweaks.

Living in the forest, she made herself known (and loved) by supplying local folks with herbal remedies. She was especially sought after by young lovers for her herbal skills that prevented or stopped child bearing, all in the spirit of encouraging love end enjoying the beauty of life.
Likely human, feats I’m considering: inspiring leader and lucky.
Invocations: book of ancient secrets and misty visions.
Think of a witch, without the bad stigma.

How much cash do characters start with? I plan on blowing all the money on rituals.
This character will be focused on charms and illusions, and will be heavily focused on support (as requested!). I hate eldrich blast, because it makes combats boooring, so I want to try something different. JM, I hope you won’t nerf misty visions because that will be the default go to ( aside from spells) during combats (to block enemy line of sight, and generally mess with foes); I’ll be using the illusions as per the rules (interaction required to be able to see through it).

I’m travelling all week, so hoping to post a preliminary character sheet by Friday.
Cheers

SG

PS: tglassy, I’m really sorry to hear things are tough right now.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hi guys, just checking in. Is this game still going forward? I want to make sure before I invest time in making a character.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Yes, sorry, I got slammed with some work right after being slammed by illness. It will probably be a week or two before we start up again. (I thought I mentioned it would be a couple weeks.)

Remove ads