[5E] [OOC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Closed)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina will buy:
3 sets of winter clothing
30 days rations
6 javelins (3gp)
1 vial of holy water (25gp)
1 healing potion (50 gp)
1 hooded lantern (5gp?)
5 flasks of oil (5 sp?)
2 Healer's kit (10 gp)

She will gladly make use of a horse and gear.

I'm open to suggestions form other party members if there are other things she should get.

Forgot about that. We can say you had that identified, or experimented with it, and discovered it was 50 feet of silk rope that is self repairing. When cut, the rope will mending itself 10 minutes later as long as all the pieces are within 120 feet. A very minor magic item.

The armbands I forgot about. We can say you donated them to the church for the rebuilding process if you like.

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
FYI, my family and I are moving in less than two weeks. I'll do my best to still check in regularly, and I hope we won't have much interruption in internet service, but I could get tied up.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
In the PHB there is no mention of winter clothes, so I assume we can buy 'normal' clothes and blankets/bedrolls and say they're suitable for lower temperatures.

Having said that, is it alright if I buy the following? (for free with the writ unless otherwise specified)
  • 2 potions of healing (50 gp each, bought with the 100 gp advance)
  • 2 blankets (extra warm)
  • 2 sets of traveller's clothes (extra warm and dry)
  • lamp
  • rations for 30 days or so
Which also reminds me that I have some equipment noted on my RG sheet that I haven't retrieved in-game. Can I say that I also purchased those?

This is what I have on my sheet:
  • Quarterstaff
  • Waterskin (on belt)
  • Beltpouch, containing coins
  • Backpack, containing:
    • Bottle, glass
    • Tankard
    • Woodcarver’s tools
    • Herbalism kit
    • Flute
  • 2 gp
  • 8 cp
Yeah, I assume "traveler's clothes" come in a variety of climate subtypes.

The writ covers everything you listed JC except the weapons, tools, musical instruments, and potions of healing. They aren't "normal" travel gear. But they are available for sale. But you probably already had the flute and woodcarver's tools.

Alright, so here's the final list. I assumed alcoholic beverages are not covered by the writ, so I purchased them.

Acquired with the writ:
  • 2 blankets (extra warm)
  • 2 sets of traveller's clothes (extra warm and dry)
  • lamp
  • rations for 30 days
  • 3 waterskins (one containing water; two containing beer, see below under 'purchased')
  • tankard
  • glass bottle
  • backpack
  • beltpouch
Purchased:
  • quarterstaff (2 sp)
  • 2 potions of healing (100 gp)
  • beer to fill two waterskins (3 sp 2 cp) (one waterskin can contain 4 pints of liquid; a mug of beer contains a pint and costs 4 cp)
  • 2 pitchers of common wine (4 sp)
Assumed already recovered:
  • flute
  • woodcarver's tools
Remaining coins:
  • 1 gp
  • 1 sp
  • 6 cp
I'll adjust my sheet accordingly.

Remove ads