• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [5e +] So what are you currently doing with 5e

DM_Jeff

Explorer
Currently running three games, all Forgotten Realms and RAW, to see how my groups like the new rules before meddling with them.

Sunday Grognard weekly game: Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle and Scourge of the Sword Coast.

"When we can" Wednesday young adults game: Lost Mine of Phandelver and now the later 4e Realms Modules like War of Everlasting Darkness converted.

Twice a month Saturday whoever shows game: The Adventurer's League modules but relocated to Neverwinter.

I'd say each game has been an overwhelming, surprise hit with all groups.

Sadras

Legend
Sounds awesome!! I love running games in Mystara. There is so much cool lore and supplemental material out there to choose from.

The fan-base is truly amazing!

My own campaign (which I cannot go into detail about because at least one player reads this forum) is set in AC 1025 and is focused on growing unrest between Karameikos and the Thyatian Empire who now wants more involvement in governing the duchy. Cultural tensions between Traladarans and Thyatians are heating up and Karameikos may be heading into a civil war.

Funny enough, I have the exact same idea slowly-burning in the background as a possibility given the current state of affairs in the Duchy... I'm just not as brave as you with the date, having set our current campaign 1000 AC :)

DongMaster

First Post
I was about to do some own adventures set in FR with 5E after a looooong hiatus from roleplaying games, but I have decided to stick with the Tyranny of Dragons campaign with a few minor changes to fit my gaming better (lots of Otherworld miniatures etc. and Dwarven Forge terrain).

I haven't been so stoked about a game in many years. :)

Grimstaff

Explorer
I'm running Rise of the Runelords. The party is 5th level (diviner, arcane thief, ranger, war cleric, and barb). We'll be starting pt 3 Sunday - at this rate we'll be comleting an AP every 6 months or so, which is good cause I have a bunch of them on my shelf lol.

I'm also playing in a Planescape campaign (Kazak the Slayer! 3rd lvl Champion dual weilder cuisinart of death), which is nice for experiencing 5e from the other side of the screen.

This new edition continues to delight and inspire, it has been a long time since enthusiasm for game day has run this high. Bunch of 20-50-something's acting like teens from the 1980's? What's not to love?

Y’know the funny thing in the session last night was that everybody had freedom to pick any Class they wanted (albeit in an all Human campaign), and we ended up on having a Warlock (me), a Sorcerer, a Barbarian and a Druid. Initially I thought this is a bit of a disparate group - but we still ended up playing in a typical set of roles - Barbarian fighting, Druid healing and communing, Sorcerer casting spells from the back and myself, the Warlock, sneaking about like a rogue. Funny how it just works out in similar patterns of play, whatever you choose.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'm running and converting City of the Spider Queen. It's a huge adventure so I've managed to convert about 1/3rd of it so far.

Cool, I plan on using CotSQ as a basis to finish up my Silver Marches game, though I'll be taking great liberties with it, especially as seeing the party will likely only be 7th level when they begin it.

DaveDash

Explorer
Cool, I plan on using CotSQ as a basis to finish up my Silver Marches game, though I'll be taking great liberties with it, especially as seeing the party will likely only be 7th level when they begin it.

I'd be happy to share all my conversions with you. Hit me up when the time comes. There's a huge number of NPCs and monsters to convert. :)

SoulsFury

Explorer
I am currently running a PBP game set in my homebrew setting. The campaign follows a group of heroes working for the bronze dragon Spitfire . So far, the heroes have been tasked with turning an ancient red dragon against Spitfire's bitter rivals, a pair of twin green dragons. We started at first level and are now at fourth. We have been playing since the beginning of July. The characters have reached 4th level. It is by far the most fun I have had running a PBP game.

I am also playing in a PBP game in a neutral setting, playing through the Mines of Madness. This has been quite a fun adventure so far. We somehow haven't lost any of the PCs (3rd level) and have bought the inn at the local village. Our group necromancer plans to run the inn with undead. My half-orc (dworc) character has the hopes of re-opening the mine if they should succeed in the adventure. This has also been on of the best PBP games I have played in.

The two games each have 3 players (including myself and the other DM) in common.

I also played in a 5th edition conversion of Heirloom (a living FR adventure). It was a decent city adventure.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
Currently running two campaigns, both heavily influenced by 1e. The first is set in Greyhawk, C.Y. 569. The action so far has centered around the Caves of Chaos, which I've set, along with the rest of B2, between the partially collapsed County of Eor and the Dreadmarsh. Once things have settled down in the vicinity of the Keep, I'm planning to send the party on a mission to the Battle of Emridy Meadows, and then on to the great adventure modules of Greyhawk.

My other campaign is an exploration of a randomly determined mega-dungeon that I've styled as the ruins of ancient Arkhosia. This hasn't gone very far as the party is still level one, but as they penetrate into the lower levels, I plan on having them encounter some of the devils that were trapped in the ruins during Arkhosia's downfall.

I'm also playing a High Elf Wizard in a LMoP game that my son is running.

Agamon

Adventurer
I'd be happy to share all my conversions with you. Hit me up when the time comes. There's a huge number of NPCs and monsters to convert. :)

Thanks for the offer, though it's more likely I'll just be basing the game on the adventure, rather than do a true conversion.

Remove ads