[5e] Spell & Crossbones

Queenie

Queen of Everything
D'vard and their crew of shapeshifter's specifically came after us when we were visiting a now gone PC - and he mentioned his Captain had a thing for Kat. It could just be that he heard she was looking for La Gloriosa but I don't think so in this case, that's just a hunch though. If so, he was hired or controlled by someone else to do so in all likelihood.

So his ship is the Sea Wolf and his Captain turns out to be the 'supposedly dead but really a werewolf' L'Olonnais. Fancy that we just stole his treasure. Since he IS alive, why didn't he just go and get his treasure himself... might be a good question.

Who knows what else they can shapeshift into. But we have D'vard captive and questioned him, and our benefactor has magically been questioning him too.

This is a whole other ball of... seaweed.

Matthan

Explorer
D'vard and their crew of shapeshifter's specifically came after us when we were visiting a now gone PC - and he mentioned his Captain had a thing for Kat. It could just be that he heard she was looking for La Gloriosa but I don't think so in this case, that's just a hunch though. If so, he was hired or controlled by someone else to do so in all likelihood.

So his ship is the Sea Wolf and his Captain turns out to be the 'supposedly dead but really a werewolf' L'Olonnais. Fancy that we just stole his treasure. Since he IS alive, why didn't he just go and get his treasure himself... might be a good question.

Who knows what else they can shapeshift into. But we have D'vard captive and questioned him, and our benefactor has magically been questioning him too.

This is a whole other ball of... seaweed.

I don't exactly know how to go about this, but I would like to add to the party goals:

GOAL: Sabotage and/or Sink the Sea Wolf before leaving the island. (Bonus points if the crew is on it)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I don't exactly know how to go about this, but I would like to add to the party goals:

GOAL: Sabotage and/or Sink the Sea Wolf before leaving the island. (Bonus points if the crew is on it)

But seriously :lol: Yah, they are already gunning for us, so it's inevitable we'll have to either kill them or become shape shifters. I vote for murder. It'd be hot under all that fur.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
No, we will leave (a long time from now, but two days in game), but we will be leaving a smoldering husk behind us.

If I could point out for a moment, we started this game with the goal of securing a ship to get OFF this island.

We started: Saturday, 8th November, 2014 01:31 AM

And we are nowhere near leaving. As our list of to-do's grows I find it simultaneously frustrating and hysterical that I built a seafaring pirate, yet am happy as a clam that I have other skills to fall back on, namely her charms with men and women alike and her ability to slice off a head, men and women and werewolf (werewolves?) alike.

So I'm good :lol:

My other long lasting game has been going for 12 years at this point, and we've played 3 months over four modules, which skipped a bunch of time between modules at that. So like 1 week was played over 2 years. I'm used to this. ;)

Quickleaf

Legend
If I could point out for a moment, we started this game with the goal of securing a ship to get OFF this island.

We started: Saturday, 8th November, 2014 01:31 AM

And we are nowhere near leaving. As our list of to-do's grows I find it simultaneously frustrating and hysterical that I built a seafaring pirate, yet am happy as a clam that I have other skills to fall back on, namely her charms with men and women alike and her ability to slice off a head, men and women and werewolf (werewolves?) alike.

So I'm good :lol:

My other long lasting game has been going for 12 years at this point, and we've played 3 months over four modules, which skipped a bunch of time between modules at that. So like 1 week was played over 2 years. I'm used to this. ;)

So, this game was my first time playing or running PbP. I thought, "It might be a little slower than face-to-face, but surely nothing extreme."

Lolol. What did I know?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
So, this game was my first time playing or running PbP. I thought, "It might be a little slower than face-to-face, but surely nothing extreme."

Lolol. What did I know?

It is slower than most of my other games, but that has two components.

One, it's very information rich. Which is awesome. But is a lot of work. Good work though. But it slows things down somewhat. Leaving a lot to memory (at least MY memory) slows things down :lol:

Two is the players. That you can't do anything about on your end, that's all on us. We go through jags of a lot of posting then we die out for weeks. That's crazy lives of players, sometimes it's getting lost in the game but you always give direction when we ask for it, so it's mostly down to the first.

This game seems to have a lot of turnover too. Everyone wants to play a pirate! It's cool! Not everyone can actually commit to a game or they have overcommitted themselves, whatever the reason. That leaves us in a slow down or a lurch every time we switch it up. Fresh players / blood is a good thing though, the excitement gets everyone posting and moving. We could probably use a player or two now that Pathfinder has dropped (sorry to see you go, loved your story!) and Jago won't be playing.

Matthan

Explorer
I play in a few other PbP games on another site and one of them has an interesting mechanism to keep the plot moving. The GM created a 'Campfire' thread. The idea was that if a scene was dragging long because of roleplaying, that scene shifts to the 'Campfire' thread to be completed and the story pushes forward. For our present situation, I think we're all set on heading to meet with the old captain. With the campfire system, if anyone else had any narrative goals that they wanted to accomplish at this beach scene they could RP that within the Campfire thread and the rest of the party moves forward with the main plot in the main story thread.

It takes a little mutual trust since you're essentially setting up a parallel narrative track, but for IC interactions it works great. If you wanted to preserve everything within the main thread, you could still use the Campfire thread, but create a "to be filled later" post in the main thread before the scene transition. After the scene is done in the Campfire thread, copy and paste the contents into the "to be filled later" post.

Remove ads