D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

purplerook

First Post
Ara sits in the Inn busily sketching, with an ear cocked for interesting news. Ara adds a flattering Images of the hostesses to the mural he is painting on the wall. He thinks to himself "What is it about taverns. All of the news and most of the people eventually flow through them. I would think them a human affection, but I have seen the same behavior in Elves, Dwarves and Halflings."

In terms of out-of-towners, Ara has taken over a table by dint of leaving his scholar's pack - with Magic Useer signal on the table. As well, he tends to periodically cast and drop an illusory chair. If an someone unusual comes in, Ara will invite him/her to join him for a drink. Side note, if the Inn gets busy, Ara will give up his table, he knows that he is there to generate business, not cost the Innkeeper business.

Ara thinks "I will eventually need to catch up with the Hucrele family. However, it will be better if I can find a human to go with me and even better if it is one who is more persuasive than me." In the meantime, Ara sounds the Innkeeper out for any useful information about the missing adventure party in general and Hucrele specifically. Also, Ara lets slip with the Innkeeper that Ara is interested in exploring the Sunless Citadel.

ccs

41st lv DM
Roy finally arrives in town.
As several roads lead out of town, he figures he'll need further directions to the Hucrele estate.

"Hmm, Let's see. Town hall? Chapel? Blacksmith? Random person? Ah! There it is. The tavern. One stop shopping, info & a beer."

Ara will notice a tall (6'), well muscled, shaved headed, & tanned human (male) enter the tavern. He gives the place a quick once over & proceeds to the bar.

"Barkeep! I need two beers & some info."
Roy puts a couple of silver on the bar, guzzles one beer, & proceeds to drink the other one at a more leisurely pace as he talks to the barkeep.

purplerook

First Post
Ara walks to the bar and introduces himself to Roy "I am Ara wandering painter and illusionist, recently come ot Oakhurst. I have been listening for local news and would gladly share what I have learned. Would you care to join me at my table?" Ara points to the table that has his backpack - with the Magic Sigil prominently displayed.

If Roy joins him, Ara will bring Roy up to speed un what little he has learned and propose that they gather a few more people to mount an expedition. Ara cautions "One adventuring party with a fighter and a wizard has already gone missing. We should find out what they took and more importantly, what they were missing so that we are better prepared."

Ara shares "Perhaps I can gain a little insight by going to where they have planted the seeds from the magical apple to investigate and see if I can detect any traces of magic. If we can find a few fellow adventurer's to join us, we could split up. Some to visit the Hurlcrete house, some to check on the apple and others perhaps to gain information from the Town Hall."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Ara and Roy: Ara is talking to Garon, the barkeep, about the Hucrele family. Roy after getting his drink, overhears the barkeep and the elf's conversation. "Ah, the Hucrele family... good folk, such a shame. Kerowyn Hucrele runs the general store in town. Hucrele is a noble family but their fortune is not what it used to be."

Edgar and Tordak: The gnome responds,"All who do not foster evil and chaos are free to be worshipped here. As for the goblins and the apple, they are expected soon, as they show up just after Midsummer. There are stories of goblins at midwinter with a poison apple, but most people here deny that. The goblins are believed to be based in the Sunless Citadel, in the ravine off the Old Road."

Kuhl: The swineherd responds, "The well is free for all, but I'm not thirsty, thank you. Sunless Citadel? It's just a local name for the ruins. No one knows for sure what the Sunless Citadel once was, but legends hint that it served as the retreat of an ancient dragon cult."

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

"I would be more inclined to believe stories of goblins with poisoned apples." Edgar says as thanks. He spends an hour in silent prayer. Before leaving he thanks the priest and offers a gold coin for the collection.

Once Tordak is done he will head to the inn with him.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 12/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]

ccs

41st lv DM
Ara walks to the bar and introduces himself to Roy "I am Ara wandering painter and illusionist, recently come ot Oakhurst. I have been listening for local news and would gladly share what I have learned. Would you care to join me at my table?" Ara points to the table that has his backpack - with the Magic Sigil prominently displayed.

"Roy of Arcandale. Pleased to meet you."
(Roy studies Ara for a moment, decides that the elf addressing him is probably male {it's not on your sheet, only mentioned in your text})
"Sure, it's been a hike. Let's sit." "Barkeep, a flagon please." " So an elf wizard eh?"

If Roy joins him, Ara will bring Roy up to speed un what little he has learned and propose that they gather a few more people to mount an expedition. Ara cautions "One adventuring party with a fighter and a wizard has already gone missing. We should find out what they took and more importantly, what they were missing so that we are better prepared."

"Yeah, words out that Kerowyn Hucrele's offerin good $ for somebody to go in& haul her grandkids outa there. It's why I'm here. So I figure my next stop is over to the general store. See what she knows, hear her offer. See who else she's got lined up for this crew. I guess you can come if you want, wizard supports always good."

Ara shares "Perhaps I can gain a little insight by going to where they have planted the seeds from the magical apple to investigate and see if I can detect any traces of magic. If we can find a few fellow adventurer's to join us, we could split up. Some to visit the Hurlcrete house, some to check on the apple and others perhaps to gain information from the Town Hall."

"I'll bet you 1gp you will. Magic gets into stuff. If they've been planting magic apple trees all these years, it's in the ground."
(and thinking to himself: "& your an elf & a wizard. You'll mumble & chant & tell me you sense magic anyways)

Obeliske

First Post
Tordak hauls himself off his knees with a grunt and waddles over to Edgar "So we ain't learned anything so far I guess, maybe we'll have better luck at the tavern?" and without further ado Tordak adjusts the pack on his back and sets out with Edgar towards said Tavern.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As Kuhl draws water from the well, filling his skin, he thanks the swineherd. "Ancient Dragon Cult?" he asks shaking his head: it's not a question, more an incredulous outburst. "Wouldn't get many recruits here, I'd have thought. Probably just goblin tales to keep people away."

Across the road, more adventurers head into the bar. Their eyes again look past him. After he inserts the stopper in his wineskin, Kuhl thanks the swineherd again, and moves along, across the street. But the tavern will be sticky, and smelly, and dark, and Kuhl has no real interest in entering. He takes out his long wooden flute, leans against the building to get out of the sun, and begins to play a simple, melodic line.

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

"For all the power they offer the devout, the gods seldom give direct answers. But the peace from prayers gives one a clear mind to make better choices." Edgar replies to Tordak, "Let's see what we find in the tavern."

As the pair approach the tavern he notices the goatherd playing the flute. A local? perhaps a useful guide. Edgar nods a greeting at the goatherd as he enters the tavern.

Inside the tavern, Edgar buy's himself and Tordak an ale. He sits in silence for a few minutes listening to the various conversations. His ears perk up at he mention of the magic apple by a wizard talking to some other people in the tavern. Bringing the group to Tordak's attention he says, "Possible allies? Though they seem to be interested in some missing youths."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 12/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]

purplerook

First Post
Ara, High Elf Wizzard

Alvyn sees Edgar and Tordak enter the Inn. Alvyn approaches the two of them. "Well met far travelers. I invite you to join us at our table. An acquaintance and I" he points to Roy "were just discussing local events. Perhaps you would like to join us." Alvyn speach and mannerisms are little too formal for the occasion. Possibly reflecting someone who has had etiquette training, but not a lot of experience.

Alvyn thinks 'Sensei told me "a tool for every task and a task for every tool and one must be fit for the other." at the time, I thought that I understood. Now, it becomes clearer how much I have to learn.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]Ara, Level 1 - Male High Elf Wizard -
HP: 7/7, AC: 13
Initiative: +3, Speed: 30ft, Senses: Passive Perception 12, Darkvsion <60' Dark is dim, Dim is light
Saving Throws Str -1, Con +1, Dex + 3, *Int +5, *Wis +2, Chr 0
Abilities:
By Popular Demand
Fey Ancestry - adv vs. charmed, immune sleep

Familiar Who, Owl
Perception +3, Stealth +3, Passive Per 13, Darkvision <120' Dark is dim, Dim is light
AC 11, HP 1
Flyby: provokes no opportunity attack when it flies out of enemy reach
Keen Hearing and Sight: Advantage on Perception checks that rely on hearing or sight

Offense:
Longbow: +5 1d8+3
Short Sword: +5 1d6+3

Spells
C - Green Flaming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion,Prestidigitation
1st (2/2) - Mage Armor, Silent Image, Shield,Sleep
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads