D&D 5E 5E Sunless Citadel - CG

Obeliske

First Post
Shifting his stogie in his mouth Tordak slides off his stool and while quaffing his ale and leaving the empty mug on the countertop "Don't mind if I do!" and wanders over to the proffered table. "So what's this about missing children? Ilmater wouldn't appreciate any of em coming teh harm an I think I quite have teh agree. Maybe we aught to look into that first? I mean the goblins ain't goin anywhere Edgar?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl nods back at the paladin, who disappears into the tavern. Kuhl then finishes his song, it having attracted neither mice nor adventurers. He wanders to the general store, leaving the cool of the shadows and again entering the daylight.

He climbs the steps, and his long, lanky body leans in to the store, his hand on the doorframe as if to keep him being pulled in.

"Hello?" he calls. "Hello?"

When a storekeeper appears, Kuhl introduces himself. "Hello, I'm Kuhl. I think you once sold me splints for my goats. No -- it was a healing balm. Yes." He leaves a pause to allow recognition, but it does not come. "Anyway," he begins anew, "the other herdsmen, we have heard that there is a problem with goblins. It is a problem we share. I was wondering if you knew anything of the last ones hoping to stop them. I am told they took the Old Road. I'm afraid I don't need supplies, but only information."

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Kuhl:
The shopkeeper, an older woman, introduces herself, "I'm Kerowyn Hucrele, and my children were among the last to seek the Sunless Citadel. Talgen and Sharwyn went off with Sir Braford, an outsider, and haven't been seen in over a month. Why do you ask about them now?"

Everyone else:
A local comes up to your table, his gait and smell clearly revealing his inebriated state. "You talking about the missing Hucreles? Yeah they went in search of glory with that "Sir Branfart or whatever. Took my brother Karakas too. Ain't seen him since." He tears up a little and continues, "Sir Buford, and his oh so mighty sword he was so proud of. I hope whateber fate my brother met that his is ten times worse!"

purplerook

First Post
Ara, High Elf Wizard 1

Ara notes the inebriation, but hopes to gain some first hand information from the local.

"We are sorry to hear about your brother Karakas. Please sit." Ara invites the local. "We are considering mounting a search to the Sunless Citadel. Perhaps your brother is lost or held captive. Any details you can provide will be helpful. Who else went with Sir Buford? What equipment did they take? Do you know where they went?" Ara pauses and allows the other to interject their questions.

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

When one of the group that Edgar had pointed out approached and offered them a seat, Tordak accepted. "Maybe we aught to look into that first? I mean the goblins ain't goin anywhere Edgar?" Tordak asked about some missing youths.

Perhaps. Though it would not surprise me if the goblins are responsible." Edgar said, the prejudice he felt towards the goblin race obvious in every word.

When a drunk local relayed his own sad story Edgar was inclined to help. The wizard, Ara, rattled off a load of questions, "All pertinent questions."Edgar agrees. "Perhaps we should find a local guide to avoid problems in the area. I noticed a goat herd outside who could be of help."

OOC: I'm not sure if Kuhl is a local or not, but his back story did seem to suggest it, either way, Edgar won't know that and it offers an in.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 12
AC: 16
Initiative: +0
HP: 12/12 (HD: 1/1d10)

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S
Halberd (Bonus action): +5 5ft 1d4+3B
Shortsword: +5 5ft 1d6+3P
Javelin: +5 30/120 1d6+3P

Devine Sense 3/3
Lay on Hands 5/5[/SBLOCK]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Ara: The drunk, Nardosh, offers little real info beyond what you already know.

GM: I'm gonna skip ahead to the tavern goers going outside to see the goatherd disappear into the general store. We pick up as the rest of the group enters the store, interrupting Kuhl's conversation.

All: You enter the general store and find the goatherd talking to the proprietress.

purplerook

First Post
Ara High Elf Wizard

OOC: All, Ara is going to fade to the back a little bit as we organize. Groups of strangers are not a comfortable environment. I am following the posts and will chime as necessary.

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

Edgar enters the store to hear the goat heard talking, "...Old Road. I'm afraid I don't need supplies, but only information." The storekeeper replies with a question and Edgar intervenes. "Well met, I am Edgar, paladin of Torm. I am sworn to eradicate evil, and I have a particular and personal interest in goblins. I came here after hearing rumours about the horrible creatures and I intend to break them."

He looks at Kuhl, "I...We could use a guide who knows the area." Edgar gestures to the rest of the group that had assembled in the tavern."I can only vouch for Tordak, the dwarf, I have fought with him many times. The others I do not know, but we appear to have aligned agendas. My Lady." he greets the shop keeper, "My deepest sympathies for your loss. It would appear that your children have been there and are lost, I hope not forever, but I would do whatever I can to get them back. Could you spare any information about their planning?"

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S

Devine Sense 3/3

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kuhl is talking with the old shopkeeper, saying, "I meant no offence. I did not know of your personal connection, which of course makes your grief ever sharper."

The other adventurers walk in, as he continues. "The pain of losing two children in this way is beyond reckoning." The armoured one picks up the conversation, and Kuhl is surprised to learn of the others' intentions, which so nearly mirror his own.

"I can show you the old road," he says, introducing himself but not thinking to offer a hand, "for I am heading in that direction myself. Are you ready to travel straight away?"

Kuhl's tall, thin form turns back to the shopkeeper. "I seem to have answered my own question. I know it will bring you no comfort, kind mother, but I shall leave you and offer guidance to these others. I will see you again."

He bends at the waist in a kind of bow, and steps again into the light. "Come, if you are ready," says Kuhl to the others. "There is water at the well. Replenish your skins, and we can be off."

TallIan

Explorer
Edgar, Paladin 1

Edgar bids farewell to the store keeper and follow Kuhl to the well. Filling his waterskin he realises he hasn't spent much time in town after the long walk here. He spends a minute to wash his head and drinks deeply of the water from the well before leaving with his newly acquired guide.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]

Offense:
Halberd +5 10ft 1d10+3S

Devine Sense 3/3