D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part VI: Fighters)

OB1

Jedi Master
Arcane Archer 8
Battle Master 28
Cavalier 15
Eldritch Knight 22+1=23
Monster Hunter 12-2=10
Rune Knight 8
Samurai 10

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Arcane Archer 8
Battle Master 28
Cavalier 15
Eldritch Knight 24
Monster Hunter 10
Rune Knight 8 - 2 = 6
Samurai 10

Arcane Archer 7 look, you don't exist after 2 turns, and this thread's already taken a while, you're not fooling anyone
Battle Master 28
Cavalier 13
Eldritch Knight 24
Monster Hunter 10
Rune Knight 7 keep your head up! I don't love you, but you are... usable!
Samurai 10

Omand

Hero
Arcane Archer 7 + 1 = 8
Battle Master 28
Cavalier 13
Eldritch Knight 24
Monster Hunter 10 - 2 = 8
Rune Knight 7
Samurai 10

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
We've heard lots of cross-talk about the Battle Master and the Eldritch Knight, and petitions to downvote one or the other from their fans...but what about the Samurai?

This fella has persisted into the Top Seven, but it's barely been mentioned at all in the discussions. I've never played one myself, so I'm a neutral party. What do you think is keeping the Samurai on the list? What does the Samurai do better than the other previously-eliminated options?

Last edited:

Lycurgon

Adventurer
Arcane Archer 8
Battle Master 28
Cavalier 13
Eldritch Knight 24
Monster Hunter 8 - 2 = 6 boring failed experient
Rune Knight 7 + 1 = 8 Best equal fighter subclass (Along with Echo Knight). Both add strategic options in combat and out of combat utility, which are the 2 main things people complain about with fighters

Samurai 10

Undrave

Legend
We've heard lots of cross-talk about the Battle Master and the Eldritch Knight, and petitions to downvote one or the other from their fans...but what about the Samurai?

This fella has persisted into the Top Seven, but it's barely been mentioned at all in the discussions. I've never played one myself, so I'm a neutral party. What do you think is keeping the Samurai on the list? What does the Samurai do better than the other previously-eliminated options?
It's super power is being forgettable :p I dunno why it's being upvoted? It's like a handful of turns of advantage, some ribbon proficiencies and then... some other feature that never made an impact on me?

Remove ads