D&D 5E 5E Survivor - Subclasses (Part XIV: Wizard)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The conjurer couldnt pull enough out at the end. So can the Transmuter alter this competition, will the Diviner see its way to the end or will the Abjurer banish the competition into oblivion?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Abjuration 11
Divination 6

Transmutation 10

I'm torn, because I love Abjuration and Transmutation Wizards, but man I wish the Diviner's features were in other classes. Portents would be so juicy for an oracle cleric (and I hate clerics), or the spirits Bard, or the Stars Druid could be allowed to be a potent diviner by way of the stars. If the warlock was a little less beholden as a class to the idea of a patron that is giving you power, a classic oracular witch could be done with a Pact of The Bones.

Lycurgon

Adventurer
Abjuration 11
Divination 6

Transmutation 10

I'm torn, because I love Abjuration and Transmutation Wizards, but man I wish the Diviner's features were in other classes. Portents would be so juicy for an oracle cleric (and I hate clerics), or the spirits Bard, or the Stars Druid could be allowed to be a potent diviner by way of the stars. If the warlock was a little less beholden as a class to the idea of a patron that is giving you power, a classic oracular witch could be done with a Pact of The Bones.
There are entities that could give oracular powers. Beings like the Fates or Norns; an embodiment of Destiny like the Endless of the same name; a powerful time elemental; or even something like Odin's ravens, or other beings serving a God of fate or Divination. Making a sacrifice of some kind to such an entity in exchange for future sight is suitable for the concept of an oracular witch style character. I like the idea of a Pact of the Bones, it is a cool idea. Although having the option of using runestones, animal entrails, or even tea leaves, etc, would allow for more concepts.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
There are entities that could give oracular powers. Beings like the Fates or Norns; an embodiment of Destiny like the Endless of the same name; a powerful time elemental; or even something like Odin's ravens, or other beings serving a God of fate or Divination. Making a sacrifice of some kind to such an entity in exchange for future sight is suitable for the concept of an oracular witch style character. I like the idea of a Pact of the Bones, it is a cool idea. Although having the option of using runestones, animal entrails, or even tea leaves, etc, would allow for more concepts.
Yeah, I really wish they’d expand the pact boons dramatically.

Of course I also want more patrons that step outside the standard 5e assumption.

4e pacts were much more malleable, in that your pact could be with an archfey, or you could have bound yourself to the power of the Shadowfell, and it was much more open to player authorship of what the pact is.

I’m just gonna have to keep poking on my Binder homebrew I suppose.

Remove ads