D&D 5E 5e - Tales of the Old Margreve (Roll20) Campaign Recaps

Nebulous

Legend
Courts of the Shadow Fey is one of my favorite adventures that I will never play. What did you think of it and do you plan to go back to it?
I do plan to go back to it, but I won't use the whole thing. The players were overwhelmed by all the options, and one said it seemed like we were playing a new campaign...which they were. I sampled some of the fun bits, but then got them out and back to Midgard. The whole court section is like 100+ pages, stuffed to the gills with information. The designers want the party to spend a considerable amount of time there, and if I didn't already have so much plot stuff going on I would have more time. It is an excellent adventure though.

Nebulous

Legend
The party is 8th level now. There is enough plot stuff to get them to 9th easily, at which point I will probably wrap up this campaign. One of their destinations is Castle Shadowcrag, and like the Amber Temple remade into the Crumbling Tomb, I can going to retrofit pieces of Ravenloft into Shadowcrag. That's going to be fun actually. The layout will be similar, and they have a map, but the individual rooms I will need to add wholly new encounters, or modify existing ones. I'm leaving off the towers and Heart and stuff like that and sticking to just the main levels (and dungeon).

The party is 8th level now. There is enough plot stuff to get them to 9th easily, at which point I will probably wrap up this campaign. One of their destinations is Castle Shadowcrag, and like the Amber Temple remade into the Crumbling Tomb, I can going to retrofit pieces of Ravenloft into Shadowcrag. That's going to be fun actually. The layout will be similar, and they have a map, but the individual rooms I will need to add wholly new encounters, or modify existing ones. I'm leaving off the towers and Heart and stuff like that and sticking to just the main levels (and dungeon).
What are you planning for your next campaign?

Nebulous

Legend
What are you planning for your next campaign?
I had prepped the first four levels of Netherdeep in Roll20 (meaning, lots of maps) but then I saw the Spelljammer release, so I will almost surely run that instead. I missed the entire Spelljammer wave in the 80s and 90s, and it sounds like the kind of crazy plane-hopping multiverse weirdness I would enjoy.

Remove ads