D&D 5E 5e Tieflings and Dragonborn

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd be quite happy for the aasimar to change their name to 'nephilim'. Amongst other things, it would be more resonant with gamers today, especially those familiar with Diablo 3.

I used Nephilim as my term for all Planetouched.

Then I reworked Nephilim to have racial class levels a la Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed/Evolved, to maximize flexibility and utility.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Someone says something along these lines every time this topic comes up.

It's not a matter of not being able to say no. It's a matter of circumventing the inevitable tantrum once "no" has been said. Legitimacy originating from the rules is just about the only thing non-club players respect anymore.
So club them. ;)

That's what 5E needs to sell with every DMG: a DM Club.

"Enforce Rule Zero with the official Wizards DM Club™!

Not for use on small children or animals."

Mishihari Lord

First Post
Why would cultural biases in a fantasy game be such a problem? Most of the games I've run or played in have had some kind of cultural bias as a potential source of conflict. I just don't understand why it would be considered a 'sticky' subject where as bias based on physical differences is just fine.

Anyways I am very happy to see the list of races presented and to know that each race has *at least* 2 sub-races is going to make for a big variety of racial types right out of the starting gate. C'Mon August!

Sad to say, but it is. I like the idea of people of different cultures being different, but any time the topic even comes up on the board there's arguments and drama.

Last edited:

Mishihari Lord

First Post
More on topic, I'd like to see the 4E halflings called out as a separate race. I'm not a 4E fan in the least, but I really like their niche. I suppose you could group them in as a different subrace of "small folk," but if they don't have culture, ability, or stats in common with the other small folk, I don't see the point. "Small folk" as a race could include of dwarf, hobbit, 4E halfling, gnome, the 1E subraces of halfling, kender, gully dwarves, and all the other varieties. It's too broad to be a useful category.

Remove ads