Regisaur Alpha (WIP)Challenge 22
Gargantuan Monstrosity (dinosaur), unaligned41,000 XP
1599650724997.png

Armor Class 20 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points see colossal parts
Speed 80 ft., swim 60 ft.
1599650724997.png

STRDEXCONINTWISCHA
30 (+10)8 (-1)23 (+6)4 (-3)12 (+1)6 (-2)
1599650724997.png

Saving Throws Str +17, Dex +6, Con +13
Skills athletics +25
Damage Resistances acid, cold, fire, force, necrotic, poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Senses Passive Perception 11
Languages --
Proficiency Bonus
+7 Maneuver DC 25
1599650724997.png

Colossal Damage. Bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing daamge inflicted by the regisaur is magical for the purposed of overcoming resistances and immunity. In addition, the regisaur deals double damage to objects, structures, and targets of Huge size or greater.

Colossal Movement. When the regisaur moves it can enter the space of Large or smaller creatures. The first time it enters a creature's space it can make a stomp attack against the creature. The regisaur can make one stomp attack for each 40 feet it moves.

Colossal Parts. The regisaur has five parts as indicated below. Each part can be targeted separately and has its own pool of hit points.
  • Head. 330 (20d20 + 120) hit points. When the head is reduced to 0 hit points the regisaur is unconscious for 1 minute after which it regains 50 hit points and is no longer unconscious.
  • Torso. 825 (50d20 + 300) hit points. When the torso is reduced to 0 hit points the regisaur dies.
  • Leg (2). 165 (10d20 + 60) hit points each. When a leg is reduced to 0 hit points the regisaur's speed is reduced in half and it has disadvantage on its stomp attacks. When both legs are reduced to 0 hit points the regisaur falls prone and it cannot make stomp attacks.
  • Tail. 495 (30d20 + 180) hit points. When the tail is reduced to 0 hit points the regisaur has disadvantage on Dexterity checks and saves and it can no longer make tail attacks.

Colossal Size. The regisaur's space is 80 feet by 80 feet. Attacks with a reach or range of less than 20 feet must be made from within the regisaur's space and can only target or effect the regisuars legs (see colossal parts). Additionally, when the regisaur hits with a Large or smaller target with a melee attack, any creature adjacent to the initial target must make a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw or suffer the same effects as the initial target.

Keen Smell. The regisaur has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on smell.

Magic Resistance. The regisaur has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.

ACTIONS
Multiattack. The regisaur makes one Bite, Fling, or Stomp attack and one Tail attack. The regisaur can't target the same creature with both attacks and only one target can be a Large or smaller Creature.

Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 40 ft., one target. Hit: 138 (20d12 + 8) piercing damage, and the target has the grappled condition (escape DC 18). Until this grapple ends, the target has the restrained condition, and the regisaur can't Bite another target.

Fling. One Huge or smaller object held or creature grappled by the regisaur is thrown up to 120 feet in a random direction and knocked prone. If a thrown target strikes a solid surface, the target takes 50 (12d6 + 8) bludgeoning damage. If the target is thrown at another creature, that creature must succeed on a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw or take the same damage and be knocked prone.

Stomp. Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 5 ft., one Large or larger target or all targets within 10 feet of a Medium target. Hit: 94 (16d10 + 8) slashing damage, and the target has the grappled condition (escape DC 18). Until this grapple ends, the target has the restrained condition, and the regisaur can't Bite another target.

Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 120 ft., one target. Hit: 98 (20d8 + 8) bludgeoning damage and the target must make a DC ?? Strength saving throw or be pushed 60 feet and knocked prone.

BONUS ACTIONS
Swallow. Melee Weapon Attack: +17 to hit, reach 5 ft., one Huge or smaller creature grappled by the regisaur. Hit: The regisaur swallows the target, and the grapple ends. A swallowed creature has the blinded and restrained conditions, it has total cover against attacks and other effects outside the regisaur, and it takes 35 (10d6) acid damage at the start of each of its turns. The regisaur can have up to two Huge creatures swallowed at a time.

If the regisaur takes 50 damage or more on a single turn from swallowed creatures, the regisaur must succeed on a DC 16 Constitution saving throw at the end of that turn or regurgitate all swallowed creatures, which fall in a space within 20 feet of the regisaur and have the prone condition; the creatures no longer have the blinded and restrained conditions.

REACTIONS
Crush.
When the regisaur is knocked prone, all creatures in its space must make a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw, taking 118 (20d10 + 8) bludgeoning damage and be knocked prone and restrained on failed save, or half as much damage and pushed to an unoccupuied space adjacent to the regisaur on a success. While restrained in this way, the creature (or another creature within 5 feet of it) can use its action to make a DC 26 Strength check. On a success, the creature relocates to an unoccupied space of its choice within 5 feet of the colossus and is no longer restrained.

Shake. Immediately after the regisaur takes damage from a creature riding or climbing it, it attempts to shake the creature off. Each creature on the regisaur must succeed on a DC 25 Strength saving throw, or be thrown 60 feet, taking 29 (6d6 + 8) bludgeoning damage and it has the prone condition when it lands.

Last edited:

dave2008

Legend
OK, I have a draft of the Lady of Pain up.

I wanted to do this a long time ago, but I lost momentum and then inspiration. Not that Planescape is around the corner I thought I should try to wrap this up. This is very much a draft and I feel it needs work. It is just missing something that makes it really scary. IDK. I would love some help/ thoughts for improvement. @Stalker0 , do you have time to give your thoughts? I feel the Lady could use your insight.

Stalker0

Legend
OK, I have a draft of the Lady of Pain up.

I wanted to do this a long time ago, but I lost momentum and then inspiration. Not that Planescape is around the corner I thought I should try to wrap this up. This is very much a draft and I feel it needs work. It is just missing something that makes it really scary. IDK. I would love some help/ thoughts for improvement. @Stalker0 , do you have time to give your thoughts? I feel the Lady could use your insight.
My initial thoughts:

One of the notes about the lady of pain is that within her realm "sigil", she is basically nigh invincible. The gods themselves do not hold sway in sigil due to her power. So one of the initial questions becomes, is she really "killable" while in sigil? Its the classic argument of "if it has a statblock we can kill it" but its something to consider.

• Demiplane of Mazes: One issue here is....what happens when someone does cast plane shift in the maze, because to the outside its basically as if no time has passed. I would add in some clause that if a person uses plane shift within "X" time in the maze, when they return no time has actually passed (in game terms, the lady banishes them, and they literally pop immediately back in, or to wherever they plane shifted to")
  • Priomordial might has a Takhesis reference.
  • Shadow of pain: If your going to keep this there probably should be notes on the shadows size and such (or perhaps the lady can move it). Anything that does damage like this could be a real weapon in a fight so best to arm the DM with how it looks. It might be cleaner to say she can move her shadow and so "anyone within X of the lady takes this much damage".
  • Ribbon Blades: The grapple note here is confusing, is she getting a benefit on the miss she didn't get on the hit?
  • The banishment DCs are scattered. You have a wisdom save on the base ability, con save on the legendary action. To me it should be a charisma save, that's the normal save for a banishment or plane shift effect.
  • Multiattack says its 2 actions....is that a legendary action thing? Or is she supposed to get 2 actions a round?
  • Maze of Agony: So if I fail multiple times and then pass, do I age more than 1 yeaR?
  • Teleport: I think the Lady should be able to teleport anywhere in sigil (which in theory is one of the main challenges for a high level party when facing her, how do you lock her down?)
  • Senses Sigil/Truesight Sigil: You don't explain what these mean.

In general I think you captured the lady's power but also esoteric presence, and the idea of getting caught in her maze and aging a year I think is a credible "oh crap!" moment even for a high level party, and gives them some fun roleplaying afterward (guys you have no idea what this last year has been like).

Mechanics wise, I think her biggest hit is the gift of pain, as an AC targeted stun is pretty solid.

dave2008

Legend
My initial thoughts:

One of the notes about the lady of pain is that within her realm "sigil", she is basically nigh invincible. The gods themselves do not hold sway in sigil due to her power. So one of the initial questions becomes, is she really "killable" while in sigil? Its the classic argument of "if it has a statblock we can kill it" but its something to consider.

• Demiplane of Mazes: One issue here is....what happens when someone does cast plane shift in the maze, because to the outside its basically as if no time has passed. I would add in some clause that if a person uses plane shift within "X" time in the maze, when they return no time has actually passed (in game terms, the lady banishes them, and they literally pop immediately back in, or to wherever they plane shifted to")
  • Priomordial might has a Takhesis reference.
  • Shadow of pain: If your going to keep this there probably should be notes on the shadows size and such (or perhaps the lady can move it). Anything that does damage like this could be a real weapon in a fight so best to arm the DM with how it looks. It might be cleaner to say she can move her shadow and so "anyone within X of the lady takes this much damage".
  • Ribbon Blades: The grapple note here is confusing, is she getting a benefit on the miss she didn't get on the hit?
  • The banishment DCs are scattered. You have a wisdom save on the base ability, con save on the legendary action. To me it should be a charisma save, that's the normal save for a banishment or plane shift effect.
  • Multiattack says its 2 actions....is that a legendary action thing? Or is she supposed to get 2 actions a round?
  • Maze of Agony: So if I fail multiple times and then pass, do I age more than 1 yeaR?
  • Teleport: I think the Lady should be able to teleport anywhere in sigil (which in theory is one of the main challenges for a high level party when facing her, how do you lock her down?)
  • Senses Sigil/Truesight Sigil: You don't explain what these mean.

In general I think you captured the lady's power but also esoteric presence, and the idea of getting caught in her maze and aging a year I think is a credible "oh crap!" moment even for a high level party, and gives them some fun roleplaying afterward (guys you have no idea what this last year has been like).

Mechanics wise, I think her biggest hit is the gift of pain, as an AC targeted stun is pretty solid.
Thank you as always for the comments. A lot to clean up and work out!

dave2008

Legend
I do find the idea that The Lady of Pain is a Primordial to be interesting. It might explain the whole "gods stay the hell out of my house" attitude if Sigil is actually the prison they crafted for her.
That is basically my idea. She was one of the mightiest Primordials and it took all of the Overgods together to trap her. Basically the whole arrangement of Sigil (the Cage), the Spire, the Outlands, and the 16 outer planes is an elaborate trap for the Lady.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
That is basically my idea. She was one of the mightiest Primordials and it took all of the Overgods together to trap her. Basically the whole arrangement of Sigil (the Cage), the Spire, the Outlands, and the 16 outer planes is an elaborate trap for the Lady.
Neat, the question then becomes, what would she do if she was loose?

MReav

Explorer

Though I wonder why she lets their creations wander around her realm.

Remove ads