5th Edition Book of Houserules

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Demonoligist or Diabolist via Feat
Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?403128-Creating-a-demonoligist-PC#ixzz3OA2i4zeR

Demonologist/Diabolist:
Prerequisite: Intelligence or Wisdom of 13 or higher and the ability to cast spells.
- Gain Abyssal or Infernal, respectively (if indeed these are separate languages in 5e), as a bonus language
- You have advantage on all Charisma rolls (interactions, saves, etc...) when dealing with demons or devils, respectively.
- When casting a spell that conjures or otherwise effects a specific type of extraplanar being, the Demonologist/Diabolist can make an Intelligence [Arcana] roll to substitute the spell's creature type with a demon(s) or devil(s), respectively, matching the spell's specifications.

Psionics via Feat
[Amended a bit from this thread] Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?397510-Psionic-Thoughts/page4#ixzz3OA3T9iDV

Naturally, this could be easily re-tuned to give you whatever kind of psionic character you want by simply replacing the powers available: 3 at will (en par with cantrip effects), three 3/short rest (en par with 1st and/or 2nd level spell effects), two 1/short rest (2nd level spell effects), one 1/long rest (3rd level spell effect).

Telepath
- The telepath has advantage on all Charisma, Intelligence or Wisdom saves versus magic.
- The telepath has resistance to psychic damage.
- Surreptitious "casting": use of the telepath's mental powers can be accompanied by some air ionization or minor visual display, often perceived as some kind of soft glow in or around the eyes, waves of mental force/"ripples" of air radiating from the psychic's head, etc... or on a successful Int. ability check may be invisible to normal sight entirely, at the telepath's option.
- The telepath has the following innate psionic powers:
At will: Telepathic Message (as Message but invisible, silent and with a range of 120' per level), Friends, Psychic Bolt (as Ray of Frost fluffed to psychic damage instead of cold, the "slowed" effect fluffed as being dazed)
3/short rest (total, not each): Detect Thoughts, Phantasmal Force, Sleep
1/short rest: Psychic Spray (as Color Spray, as a 2nd level spell slot, fluffed to Stun condition instead of Blind on a failed save and increasing with level to 10d10 HP effected at 5th, 12d10 at 7th, and 14d10 at 9th), Hold Person (telepathic paralysis).
1/long rest: Sending (as the spell, telepathic contact/communication with no range limit).

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
"Old School-ish" or "AD&D-Style" Ability Generation (for lack of any better title for the rule).
Roll 4d6, drop the lowest. Place to taste/suit character concept.

Initiative Variant
Roll new initiative every round.

Nebulous

Legend
Death & Dying Rules (0 hp, -10 hp, Con damage, etc)
Healing options
Class and subclass options (Commander)
Feats: (Diabolist)
Alternate skills uses (http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...eon-World-Hack)
Combat options (Initiative variants; flanking variants)
Spells / Rituals (Any spells that seem broken/weak? House rule 'em and explain why the change was made. Leave it up to the individual or DM to accept or decline.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Alternate Spell Progression tables:
See 1e, 3.x.

Bonus Spells: See 1e, 2e, or 3.x.

Combat Modifiers instead of Advantage/Disadvantage: use modifier charts from a previous edition.

Hit Dice Capping from 1e/2e; retro HD size for Wizards, Sorcerors, Rogues, and Bards - d4 and d6.

Retro Dual Wielding: -4/-8 with a intro feat for -2/-2.

Dex for accuracy/Strength for damage rule on weapon attacks.

I'm also working on a fey bloodline sorcerer and barbarian subclass that adds spellcaster ala the eldricht knight (or Pathfinder's bloodrager).

Mostly doing writing/design for my website and/or a Ravenloft campaign setting update I'm working on. But I'm okay with sharing the love and spreading around the content.

Nebulous

Legend
I'm also working on a fey bloodline sorcerer and barbarian subclass that adds spellcaster ala the eldricht knight (or Pathfinder's bloodrager).

Mostly doing writing/design for my website and/or a Ravenloft campaign setting update I'm working on. But I'm okay with sharing the love and spreading around the content.

It's appreciated! :)

Archade

Azer Paladin
These are great! What about someone starting a google doc and giving access to edit?

I could set that up if you like ...

Remove ads