D&D (2024) 6E When?

No, they're actual conversions of the stats, if I recall. Combine that with the fact that the originals are also available = you have the module translated to 5e.
They are not done by WotC.

I'd rather spend $4.95 on dmsguild for a short adventure, picking and choosing, rather than get locked in to a $50 encyclopedia that might be complete suckage.
You have the entire catalog for AL to choose from, fulfilling exactly those criteria. What more do you want?

Yes, that's what I said, a guide with conversion information, not a converted module, like that in Ghosts of Saltmarsh.

But WotC didn’t do it. They didn’t identify that need. A third party did. WotC filled that need by opening up the IP for third parties on the DMsGuild. So your problems solved.

What they said.

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
Apparently there's a DM shortage.
It's chronic, structural or systemic, I'm tempted to say. DMing has generally been either hard in the sense of requiring talent/creativity/energy at a high level, leading to burnout (an issue, IMX, with 0e/AD&D& 5e, particularly) or hard in the technical and time-sink sense (an issue with 3.x/PF and many other systems) also leading to burnout, or at least frustration. The player side may be challenging or even frustrating in play, but has only been a time-sink/technical slog in the WotC era (and is less so in 5e). So we have way more players than DMs because the player side is easier and players don't burn out.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's chronic, structural or systemic, I'm tempted to say. DMing has generally been either hard in the sense of requiring talent/creativity/energy at a high level, leading to burnout (an issue, IMX, with 0e/AD&D& 5e, particularly) or hard in the technical and time-sink sense (an issue with 3.x/PF and many other systems) also leading to burnout, or at least frustration. The player side may be challenging or even frustrating in play, but has only been a time-sink/technical slog in the WotC era (and is less so in 5e). So we have way more players than DMs because the player side is easier and players don't burn out.

I think B/X had a good idea of a variety of short adventures.

Might not need 12 of then but more than 1 independently available (2 now) I suspect would help.

DMs might skew older players but how did they learn?

Personally I had access to B2,3,4 and X1. Alot if gaming there, you can get through LMoP in around 20-30 hours although I suspect it will be this generations Hommlet or Threshold.

Tony Vargas

Legend
I think B/X had a good idea of a variety of short adventures.
Might not need 12 of then but more than 1 independently available (2 now) I suspect would help.
Encounters was a good learning environment. Simple, short, linear adventures, 1 encounter/1-hr session, open entry/exit, fairly low-pressure. New players would graduate to DMing adventures like that very quickly.

AL adventures are more varied, some short, some linear, some sandbox, which is nicer from another PoV.
But I'm not so sure about the focus on AP. Maybe it's a good moneymaker, but shorter modules would seem better for early-DM experiences. I think one reason LMoP gets so much love is that it is fairly short.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
If they lose money fair enough it's a bad idea.

Most people don't know about the DMguikd it seems or use it.

Or own printers.

Apparently there's a DM shortage, LMoP is good there and no 3pp item is going to have the exposure of WoTC.

I don't expect a massive number of modules a few extra would be nice.

I know about it and don't use it!

Remove ads