A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"It will take a bit of time, but it should be possible." The Genasi ponders the Orange Crystal. "Though it would be faster if we split the task. Ethian, are you up for it?"

OOC: It takes a short rest to figure out an items properties Via the meditation technique, IIRC

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"It will take a bit of time, but it should be possible." The Genasi ponders the Orange Crystal. "Though it would be faster if we split the task. Ethian, are you up for it?"

OOC: It takes a short rest to figure out an items properties Via the meditation technique, IIRC
Ethian nods in agreement, and takes one of the items to inspect them

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Do we need to pause right now? We're still in a bad place." rumbles Cairn "We can scholar things once we, the adventurers, are safe. And the body, one from the pit, it is dead, no spirit residing in it...we can let the bug have it. It will not get up to eat us afterward."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The body was set aside and the Black Dragon Agents continued on. The tunnel ahead split two ways - one that led upward into the deep damp grotto that had earlier soiled Hawthorne's clothes, and another that led downward into parts unknown. The downward slope was chosen to be quickly scouted, and to everyone's surprise and delight, after parting the moss that clung to the opening, a vast chamber was revealed.

Four moss-covered pillars supported a twenty-foot ceiling. The chamber was about fifty feet across and slightly longer from side-to-side. The massive, twisted roots of an ancient tree dominated the far side, and three sstained stone stabs pushed their way above the moss-covered floor. The chamber smelled somehow different than the tunnels had - the tunnels smelled of mold and plant-rot. This chamber smelled of animal filth, fear, and death.

1659233306861.png

[/spoiler}

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hawthorne's darkvision-enhanced eyes scanned the room as the high elf moved on ahead towards the roots that covered the rear of the chamber. "I don't know what I expected for the first chamber in a mine that was devoted to the people who used it... but it was not this."

He walked gingerly over to one of the slabs and bent down at the knees to get a better look and potential smell of the stains, hoping against hope it wasn't going to be blood. "If this is some sort of ritual chamber... I would expect that our presence here might draw our fey foes to return. Be ready."

OOC: WIS (Perception) or INT (Investigation): 10 + 7 = 17

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"M'hm!" Argenti lets out a grunt in acknowledgement as she hefts a green rock, ready to strike.

OOC: Ready Action: Casting Eldritch blast on any hostile-looking creature that shows up!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn looks over the chains to the left going toward the entrance with the group. But he is not one to explore things meant for meat-beings. He pulls upon the chain attached to the stump.

neurotic: D20 + 3#cairnperception → 6(3 + 3)#Cairn perception
neurotic: D20 + 4#cairnstrengthcheck → 12(8 + 4)#Cairn strength check

OOC: my work policy just excluded coyotecode roller, if someone has anything better, I'll switch. In the meantime, I'm using rolz. This is Neurotics enworld room...and I'm already disliking the low rolls :D

Remove ads