A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn rumbles something, starts stepping next to the gnome, remembers the stones that inhibit his progress and hesitates.

Deciding not to go head-through-the-wall this time, he grabs at Kaliban rumbling in Undercommon.
"Resist not, I'm moving you, the rock brother, behind me, the elemental rock."

Action: neurotic: D20 + 4#cairnathletics ( grab ) → 8(4 + 4)#Cairn athletics (grab) - not great :(
The idea is to "shove", but backward.

Move: N/A - if meenlock attacks he will have two of us next to it, if it escapes...well, tough luck :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the meenlock snaps at the snirfneblin, Hawthorne sees how close it is and that Kaliban and Cairn are right next to the creature. He decides to go melee and pulls his rapier from its scabbard... which unfortunately also pulls out a large glob of goo along with it. The muck that had found itself nestled within the scabbard falls to the ground with a big * SPLAT!!! * and Hawthorne glances at the mess at his feet. "For the love of..."

The Black Dragon Agent sighs and shakes his head... before regaining focus and making his way around Cairn to engage with the meenlock. He moves up to it with his rapier at the ready and is about to pierce the heart of the creature... when his eyes catch the glob of sickly green, brackish moss that dangles precariously from his beautiful weapon's pommel... and that distraction is just enough to let the creature duck out of the way as the attack comes.

"Oh, come on!!!"

OOC: Move to AF19 / Rapier attack: [2] + 4 = 6 MISS

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just as Hawthorne was shaking the goo off of his sword, he was further frustrated when his opponent stepped sideways into the shadow of some hanging moss, and was gone.

Crock Jon felt a presence behind him. While he couldn't see the meenlock, he could feel it psychically goading him to leave the others and chase it back down the tunnel into the deeper part of the cavern (back toward the place with the pools).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"There's another one behind me!" shouts Crock Jon, his composure shaking after this prolonged harrassment from these creatures.

OOC: 1d20+0 vs DC 11= 7. FAIL for wis save. I tihnk this means he's unable to approach, so he stays where he is dodging.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
They weren't sure how many meenlocks remained, but it seemed likely that the fey infestation could be ended by destroying the threat, and burning the moss from the tunnels. Everyone was tired of this place: the vague sense of dread; the strange muffled sounds; the damp, dark, obscured tunnels; this damn moss that got in the way of everything.

If only this misery could end! But the meenlock was gone once more, perhaps in the tunnel behind Crock Jon, perhaps not.

OOC: Sorry it's such a pain, and has been so long since an update. I hope we can get this game done soon! (I kind of want to run a sequel after a brief hiatus. We will discuss.)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hawthorne pushed his way through the moss, crossing a lopsided intersection. He raised his crossbow, and fired it over Crock Jon's shoulder, down the tunnel. It went through some heavy, hanging moss and became stuck, but the meenlock must have moved further down the tunnel and was out of sight once more.

Remove ads