A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Is everyone alright?" asks the halforc boxer, stumbling and barely able to stand. "Thank you for, well, for everything. I should check on my uncle, and perhaps wash these wounds."

Crock Jon makes his way to the wagon, and tends his wounds.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Ruznami Warmaker
South of Beregost
Day 7/Afternoon
Round 0

Ruznami’s short legs scampered after the bulette as Crock Jon dragged it away from the carriage, but he didn’t get a blow in before the others had finished it off. He was a bit disappointed in his own performance, not having landed a blow on the creature.

“Well, that should make the road safer,” the dwarf said. “Well, until the pup grows up.”

Archimedes flew down and perched on Ruznami’s shoulder, hooting quietly before burrowing back into his satchel for a nap. Ruz slipped a dead mouse in there as a reward.

Mirror Image: (7r) 3 duplicates (AC 12) 6+ on 1d20 hits duplicate
Arcane Ward: 11/11 hp

Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:

Bonus Action:
Reaction: Opportunity Attack, Absorb Elements, Shield
  • Opportunity Attack:

Concentration:
Conditions:
Inspiration:

Ruznami
Initiative: +2
Perception: +0
Speed: 25
AC: 15
HP: 26+7 thp+11 ward/26 HD: 4/4d6+2

Archimedes (Owl familiar)
Initiative: +1
Perception: +3 Advantage, Darkvision 120
Speed: 60 (fly); 5 (walk)
AC: 11
HP: 1

Prepared Spells
Cantrips:
Blade Ward, Booming Blade, Fire Bolt, Lightning Lure
1) 4/4 Absorb Elements, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
2) 3/3 Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray
Rituals
(1)
Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify
Spellbook
(1)
Absorb Elements, Alarm, Comprehend Languages, Detect Magic, Find Familiar, Identify, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil and Good, Shield
(2) Arcane Lock, Mirror Image, Scorching Ray

Hawthorne Grandview - male Human rogue inquisitive
Kaliban - male deep gnome psi-warrior

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Crock Jon, are you sure you are all right? That bite would have torn me in half!" Argenti watched the half-orc tend to his wounds with some concern before letting the mater settle. Healing wasn't in her wheelhouse anyway, and she likely would get in the way, at best.

"At any rate, the pup won't be coming back any time soon. Unfortunately, that means it will learn and grow from this experience, getting better at hunting..." A frown and creeps across the woman's face at the thought of a killer beast with better sense. But again, it is not a problem she can help with at the moment. Instead, she turns her attentions to the dead beast and taps on it. "Do you suppose there is anything we could do with this shell?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"I don't know if we have the time or the space to deal with a bulette shell of that size, Argenti. Although I'm sure it would be wanted by a number of magicians and alchemists, I think we will need to just leave it here."

Hawthorne walks around the area, making sure all the folks involved in the battle are okay and taken care of, then once things are settled back into place, he whistles for everyone to mount up again.

"We want to get going as soon as we can. I'd like to get back to the Uldoon Trail before nightfall if possible. Spending the night in the wilds around here seems like a recipe for disaster."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon wants to smile and reassure Argenti, but he is not able to do so. He will try to rest on the next leg of the journey to recover some of his strength. If there is a creek he will try to wash his hands and forearms, which are filthy from holding onto the beast. His waist hurts, and he is bleeding quite badly, but his uncle had a towell, and the blood has already slowed down a great deal.

"Thank you. I'll be fine."

He listens to Hawthorne, but his Uncle has taught him well enough not to offer suggestions unasked. He looks at the creature's corpse, and thinks that at least it can serve as a warning of the dangers to be found on this road.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Broun checked over his nephew and was shocked to find no broken bones. A few minor scrapes, some quite impressive marks that were sure to bruise, but nothing fatal. He patted the big half-orc on the back and hopped back up onto the driver's perch. It wasn't long before they were off again.

As Hawthorne had hoped, they found the Uldoon Trail before nightfall, where they met up with an Amnian trade caravan bound for Berdusk. The caravan had wagons laden with trade-goods, and took quite a bit longer to both set up and strike camp. The traders were happy to have them along (in particular after having heard the story of their recent encounter) but they would be slowed to close to half the pace that Hawthorne thought that the coach could make, now that they had arrived on a well-travelled, relatively straight road through gently rolling grasslands.

OOC: What will it be - slow and safe or leave the caravan behind you?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: We aren't in a hurry, so Ruznami would vote for safe.

Ethian tended to Broun’s wounds the best he could. He explained to the warrior that he only was able to do minor battle magics, but his wounds would heal after he rested. He also asked the beast of a man to teach him how to grapple like that as they traveled.

Ooc 1: Ethian considers that the slow path is actually quite fast (he’s an elf after all). No need to take unnecessary risks
Ooc 2: he’ll also start casting aid on Kaliban, Broun and himself every evening before the night’s rest, and every morning before adventuring. Note that he’s including himself only because he’s more likely to be on the front lines, based on the fights so far. This is a +5 to the hp total for 8 hour

Remove ads