A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Just remembered that I think I still have disadvantage on my INT and WIS checks? Not that it ends up mattering, as I rolled higher on this second check than my last one anyway, so the 21 is still the number.

(15)+7=22
OOC: Yes, that's true. You are still having a hard time with the overall sensory vertigo of the place, you are just able to basically function (albeit with penalties).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Crock Jon continues to struggle with the creature he is grappling. He is able to make some coneection but the cruel beast shrieks and writhes foully in his grasp.

"I'm sorry to bother you, suh. I seem to have missed the path."

OOC: Damage to grappled creature 1d4=2.
Attack to hit: 1d20+6=15, damage=1d8+4=5. Ugh.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Crock Jon continued to wrestle with his Meenlock opponent he pulled hard on its shell-like shoulder. The fey creature squealed, a high-pitched sound that was swallowed by the moss, and it clamped its pincher down hard on Crock Jon's arm, sending shocks through his system.

Cairn smashed his rock into one of the fey creatures, but the thing still held onto him, perhaps trying to break off a piece of his rocky hide. The moss nearby him rustled, and for a second he thought that there would be another one, but there was Hawthorne and Kaliban, pushing their way through behind the Meenlock.

OOC: Okay, everyone should still need to roll a dc11 Wis Save when you "start your turn within 10 feet of a Meenlock" or be frightened until the start of your next turn. You don't have to run away, but you can't move closer to a Meenlock (if you fail) and you'd have disadvantage to attack one. Hawthorne and Kaliban do not have to do that this round, but everyone else does. Also, if you take damage from their claw, you need to roll a dc11 Con save or be paralazyed. Speaking of which, Crock Jon takes 7 and Cairn takes 8. They do 7 and 15 back. Hawthorne and Kaliban come up behind Cairn's opponent. Everyone but Crock Jon and Cairn still need to go for the round. Oh, and Argenti has advantage on her next Saving throw vs Fear, for knocking down some moss.

Kaliban follows Hawthorn through the maze until they find their comrades. Upon seeing them engaged with the fae beasts he rushes forward slashing at it with his rapier. As the strike hits the gnome punches it with a telekinetic strike.

OOC: Just a heads up I had to roll the Strike a second time because I forgot to copy the bbcode and something is gooing on with Orokos and I can't see my history. The first roll hit as well but I couldn't remember the damage. Just wanted to let you know in case it comes back and you see the two separate rolls.

Rapier strike against ML3: 1d20+5 18 1d8+3 11

Telekinetic strike damage: 1d6+3 5

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Argenti felt much better now that she could see solid stone through all the moss. She flung a rock, but the meenlock ducked, and the rock disappeared into the mossy tunnel. She couldn't see them, but she could hear Hawthorne speak as he arrived, somewhere beyond the hulking form of Cairn behind her.

Hawthorne and Kaliban, still tied together, rushed the meenlock as it grabbed at Cairn. They both landed solid strikes at it as it tried to turn around, and it screeched as it fell to the ground in a heap, that immediately began to twist and writhe into an unnatural shape before laying still.

At the front of the line, Ethian managed to scratch his opponent with his thin elvish blade. He infused it with elven magic that would harm it if it moved, but the creature stayed, still trying to grab at him.

OOC: Hawthorne and Kaliban killed ML3. Ethian did 5 to ML2. Cairn, Kaliban, and Hawthorne won't have to roll fear saves this coming round, but everyone else does.

Remove ads