A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Black Dragon Agents vs Meenlocks in the Mossy Maze
MineMossMaze3.jpg

(General Features)
Difficult Terrain: Everywhere (Moss is heavy, terrain uneven)
Visibility: Dark (Underground); Obscured by moss (You can only see adjacent 5')
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Argenti AC14 HP 31/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13 SS 2/2
Cairn AC18 HP 35/43 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP13** 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Crock Jon AC14 HP 15/36 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP12* SD 4/4
Ethian AC19* HP 15/27 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP16* PIns16 SS 4/4 3/3 CD 0/1
Hawthorne AC14 HP 25/31 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP17 PInv17 PIns15
Kaliban AC18* HP 35/35 THP 0/7 HD 4/4 PP10* PED 4/4 (d6's)
Meenlocks AC15 HP 37ea PP14*
-ML1 29/37; ML2 32/37; ML3 0/37 (dead); ML4 13/37;
GM: End Round Two; Begin Round Three

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The foul flesh of the meenlock disgusts Crock Jon, and causes him to shudder.

"I'm sorry, suh," his voice calls out, echoing aimlessly through the mossy cavern. "I can't do it."

OOC: Wis save: 1d20+0=1. Fail. Still grappling, but attack with disadv.
Damage from Grapple: 1d4=1. Ugh, again.

Attack with disadv.: 1d20+6=12. Miss.

HP 15/36.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Crock Jon had rarely lost a wrestling match, even with a much larger opponent. This creature was smallish and wiry, but the worst was that its flesh popped and slid under his grip. It was gooey and yet rough and hairy, all at the same time. Between that, and the strange sense of fear, depression, and loneliness, Crock Jon could nearly feel himself giving up. It was all he could do to stop the creature's pinchers from closing around his neck.

OOC: Crock Jon did 1 to ML1, which missed him (at least).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hawthorne sees three of his allies between him and the only meenlock within view. "Crock Jon is still out there, as is the creature that ran away from us, Kaliban. You up for going back the way we came to try and find Jon while the other three deal with this creature here?"

He looks down at the svirfneblin with a cocked eyebrow. "We might even come across that frightened bastard that took off from us while we're at it. Take care of two pixies with one bolt."

OOC: If Kaliban agrees, I'm thinking the two of them can move down towards AT17 and go from there. Hawthorne will also make a perception check (with disadvantage) as they move, trying to catch wind of the meenlock that disappeared on them originally.

WIS (Perception) w/Disadvantage: (18,8)+7=15

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I just realized Cairn has no ranged capabilities :( A sling, with shooting stones from his body would be appropriate :)

Cairn looks helplessly through the clearing of the moss before realizing he CAN do something. It is not a safe bet since stones here are weird, but still, he draws the rune of stone, naming the mine they're in and himself. Thus rooted, he focuses his will on the meenlock fighting Ethian.

"Ethian-leader, if the creature falls asleep or becomes passive, do NOT disturb it. Just go around it so this one can join you."
"Argenti-boss, make distance from the creature.

Wis save: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

Reaction at the end of meenlock turn: Wisdom save DC 13 or fall into stupor
While charmed in this way, the creature has a speed of 0 and is incapacitated, descending into a dreamy stupor. Save repeats at the end of each round.

Action: Ready action to move next to the creature if the space opens

Kaliban continues to follow Hawthorne trusting his judgement. With no direct threat the gnome scans for any dangers though knowing he was never the most perceptive of people in the best of times.

OOC: I will continue to follow Hawthorne. Below is a perception check. I'm not sure if I need to roll with disadvantage so let me know and I will roll a second time, though I got a 1 so it doesn't matter.

Perception check: 1d20 1

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Confident that he could find his way back to the group again, Hawthorne led the way back to where they had last seen the other meenlock. Kaliban followed, but the gnome was so turned around by the moss, that he had no idea if Hawthorne was going in the correct direction or not. He just held his sword and followed the rope that kept them together.

Ethian struggled with his opponent. The fey creature grabbed the elf with its pincers, and a shock went up his spine. Argenti struck the thing with a glowing rock, but it held onto Ethian with fierce determination. Then, Cairn began to create a strange, soothing rumble. The meenlock calmed, releasing Ethian, and stood twitching its antennae in synch with Cairn's rumble.

OOC: Ethian takes 5 damage & must roll a dc11 Con save of be Paralyzed. Argenti did 15 to ML2. Cairn put ML2 into a stupor.

Remove ads