A Candlekeep Mystery (IC)

Kaliban strikes at the Meenlock with his rapier as it approaches. Falling racks from the collapsing ceiling strike at his arm and throw off the blade. The gnome continues to escape the collapsing room moving past the meenlock and in the direction his companions fled.

OOC: Dex 13 Save w/ Advantage: 2d20k1+3 18

Action: Attack on ML3: 1d20+5 9 1d8+3 7
Move: Kaliban will continue to move out of the room. I know this will provoke an AoO but it's better than being buried alive. If it is still difficult terrain I will move to AN22. If not then I will move to AL21.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
OOC: I think Argenti has LoS on the Meenlock, but I would have to know what kind of penalties are applying to the attack roll given the situation.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: @FitzTheRuke, can Ethian see MeenLock 3 from his position? important detail to direct the spiritual weapon to strike
OOC: With all the dirt and rocks pouring down, I think you'd be hard pressed to see over there. Looks like you can attack with disadvantage, though. For Argenti, I'll say disadvantage, (You can make out where it is enough to attack the right space. Also, he will have cover.Worth a try, though.

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Argenti rubs her amulet and says a prayer to Geb for luck, then hurls a glowing green rock. "HYAH!"

The rock weaves it's way between the falling dirt and stone, making it clear across the crumbling cave, but past the intended target. The rock collides with the back wall, and magically ricochets into the back of the meanlock's head!

The genasi beams a huge smile. "Aurumamma would be proud of that one!"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kaliban half-heartedly struck at the meenlock, and then made to run away. The meenlock bashed him with a heavy blow from its pincer before being struck by a stone from Argenti, far away though she was, and through so much pouring dirt and rock.

OOC: Meenlock did 5 to Kaliban, who has to roll dc11 CON save or be paralysed. Otherwise he can shuffle through the moss to AN22. Argenti did 9 to ML3.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Ethian could no longer make out the position of his spirit weapon through all the falling dirt and rock, through which a very dirty Crock Jon came trudging, joining the elf and Argenti in the western tunnel that had been hidden under the tree's roots.

Under the temporary shelter of Cairn, Hawthorne looked to the tunnel leading upward, where they had come in. Kaliban was escaping that way, but a meenlock blocked his path, and it looked at him with its strange eyes and twitched its antennae and he felt his body go numb.

OOC: @DEFCON 1 Hawthorne & @Neurotic Cairn to go to roll the round. They will have to roll the dc11 WIS (fear) save or be too frightened to leave the collapsing room, due to the meenlock's fear aura.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hawthorne's gaze catches the meenlock in his way and he feels a sudden bout of fear at this creature trying to stop him. However, being at the side of the earth elemental gives him a boost of confidence and he strides forward past the fey creature heading to the cavern pathway out of the collapsing chamber. "Let's get out of here, Cairn!" he shouts above the din.

OOC: WIS saving throw DC 11: (16)+3=19 success

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases