• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Caravan to Ein Arris

Kafkonia

First Post
A raised stage is quite obvious at the far end of the tavern, roughly one foot above the floor around it. Right now it's filled with people milling about and talking, but Malinda thinks it likely that this would be the place for performances to take place.

During her circuit of the room she noted a few other men and women with similar red ribbons pinned to their clothes, entwined in their hair, or otherwise displayed. This includes, she realizes, the distant half-elf seated at her table.

After a few moments, Nivram appears from the crowd, dressed in garish fabrics.

"Oh I am so glad I found you!" he says, running up to her. "I wanted you to be the first to play so I haven't let anyone else on the stage!" He looks over. "Well, any other performers, at least. Say, where's your little friend? And who's that handsome fellow?" He indicates Damien, ignoring the half-elf for the time being.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Kafkonia said:
"Oh I am so glad I found you!" he says, running up to her. "I wanted you to be the first to play so I haven't let anyone else on the stage!" He looks over. "Well, any other performers, at least. Say, where's your little friend? And who's that handsome fellow?" He indicates Damien, ignoring the half-elf for the time being.
Damien, who had nodded in a friendly manner at Malinda's arrival but had otherwise kept his eyes elsewhere, raises a friendly eyebrow at the brightly dressed stranger. "Damien Bane, traveller extraordinaire, adventurer, occasional scribe, and dabbler. In what? That's the mystery!," he adds with a wink. At the man's words, he looks at his other companion more appraisingly. "An entertainer? I am honored. It is said the wild Furies of the Sand were once tamed by the delicate tunes of Shilaha the Dark, so I am thankful to be in such company."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Malinda smiles gratefully to Damien as he introduces himself, for she would have been hard pressed to make such an introduction. She answers the colorful elf's questions first, "A stranger to me, until this moment. As for Pasha... I am sure business has detained him, undoubtedly he will arrive when and if it releases him. I am certain he is a man as dedicated to his craft as he is generous."

She evaluates Damien a moment, hiding her expression behind a sip from her drink for a scant moment, before revealing a pleasant smile. "Damien... I am pleased to make the acquaintance of such an accomplished man. My name is Malinda Osten. May I present Nivram, who you may thank or curse for the music I will provide tonight and on our coming journey, as you see fit." She gestures with her free hand as she makes the introduction, then sets aside her drink. "Speaking of which, it is time then, Nivram?"

nonamazing

Explorer
Pasha makes his way through the crowded tavern, his brightly coloured turban bobbing and weaving across the room. He mutters to himself grumpily, but brightens when he spots Malinda's table. "Ah! I am very sorry for my lateness, friend. A bit of last business to conduct, yes?" Pasha pulls back a chair and takes a seat. The tiny goblin is far too small for the table and chairs--the top of his head just reaches the level of the table, so that the others are confronted with what appears to be a talking turban and a pair of smiling eyes.

"Well met by chance," Pasha says, mimicing a common Elven greeting. "I am D'n Pashabek, humble seller of trinkets. We will be spending many weeks travelling together, yes?"

stonegod

Damien flashes his teeth in a smile. "Yes, traveling we shall. Business for all of us it appears." He talks a glance at the wrestling going on in the other part of the inn a moment, then back to the empty stage. "Hopefully the more refined entertainment will start soon."

fenixdown

First Post
Kibek decides to break from his streak of bad luck at dice to get something to drink. As he heads for the bar, though, he spots Pasha and Malinda and hurries over to them.

"Ah, there you are!" He bows to Malinda. "Many pardons for missing your audition; it seems my grasp of the passage of time isn't quite what it should be. But of course with our fine goblin friend as company, I would have just been in the way." He smiles. "You will be performing for us tonight, I understand?"

Kafkonia

First Post
"She sure will!" Nivram says, getting to his feet. He practically bounces onto the stage. "Excuse me. Excuse me!" As he shouts, the tavern quiets down. "Thank you so much. On behalf of Halmaro, Katsaya, and everyone behind the caravan, I would like to thank you all for coming. I just know this is going to be a smashing success! Now, to get things started on the right note, I'd like to welcome our first performer of the evening. Please welcome the most beautiful woman I've had the pleasure of meeting! Come on up, Malinda." He shoos everyone from the stage as Malinda joins him and prepares to play.

"Break a leg," Nivram whispers in her ear before going back to the crowd.

With that, the elf lifts her instrument to her lips and plays, oblivious to what is going on around her, the notes flowing from her like water. At the end, although she's less satisfied than she was with her audition, the audience is enraptured, and even the roughest looking neanderthal present applauds her as she steps down from the stage to rejoin her companions.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Perform check 14+12 = 26[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Malinda brightens noticeably at the arrival of both Pasha and Kibek, but is compelled to hustle on stage by Nivram's announcement. "Pray excuse me friends," she says hastily, moving swiftly onstage.

At the conclusion of her performance, Malinda curtsies and smiles as the audience applauds her, giving a little wave as she steps down from the stage. "Thank you very much, I'm looking forward to traveling with all of you!"

She rejoins the rest of her companions at their table, looking over at Pasha, whose head is just peaking above the table from her view with a broad smile, "Pasha, I'm just glad you could make it, I know how busy you must be."

Looking over to the kobold, she tips her head politely, "Certainly your own audition was far more important than witnessing mine, I am glad to see that it was a success. I trust there were no more... disruptions amidst the healer applicants?"

She glances over to the half-elf, briefly checking to see if either her performance or the conversation has disturbed him from his cups.

stonegod

Damien claps appreciatively, a genuine smile on his face. When Malinda returns, he adds, "It is the likes that would make you a prized possession of any of the Fire Princes of the desert; best we make sure they do not run off with you!" he adds in with a wink.

OOC: Sense Motive on our quiet chap, as Damien's been observing him during this time. Try to get a feel for him (hunch).

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Malinda lifts her eyebrows at Damien's compliment, “Fire Princes? Oh my, how exciting! There is so little I know of the deep desert, I am heartened to be traveling with such learned company. Have you been as far as Mashanda? I’ve studied the language, it is a lovely script, yet so very different from the Common tongue here in Lantara. It is wonderful, the fresh perspectives of a culture that has been isolated by the deep desert for so long.” Malinda’s expression gives her the appearance that her thoughts roam far-away as her voice softens, “I should dearly love to hear music from Mashanda. I’ve tried to purchase sheet music... alas that it is such a rarity here.”

Remove ads