• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Manzanita

First Post
"This presents a delimna. Shall we head directly for the fort, or should we try to pick off the outposts first, and rist warning those at the fort of our presence? I believe Jack should be in charge of this operation. I think we should sneak around a bit & try to seize the outlying campfires to prevent them from attacking us from behind later." says Iggy. He also casts his mage armor spell.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 4/ranger 2

Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC] Where did you spent your CLW? We had time to rest and full our spells before leaving on the boat, as we have waited for the night.[/SBLOCK]
OOC: I thought it was the same day.

Charlarn whispers, "Let's hit the outer edge and work our way toward the fort. Maybe one of the pirates can show us a way in."

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: It is the same day, but about 10 hours later. I said "arcane casters" would get a chance to prepare spells, as I believe our clerics are sunrise based. Downside of the slightly different spell prep rules.

Manzanita

First Post
Pbartender said:
"Iggy, do you get a thrill out of volunteering me for jobs I don't want?"

OOC: :p

OOC: I'm playing Iggy as I envision him. He is a halfling who went into wizardry - an unusual occupation for his race. He was one of the only halflings in the Academy & has developed something of an inferiority complex about halflings. Seeing Jack, who seems to have it togehter so well, Iggy wants everyone to see him shine. He wants the halflings to show their stuff!

BIC: Iggy stares at Jack, trying to assess whether he is joking. Jack sees a betrayal of hope in his eyes.

Pbartender

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: I'm playing Iggy as I envision him. He is a halfling who went into wizardry - an unusual occupation for his race. He was one of the only halflings in the Academy & has developed something of an inferiority complex about halflings. Seeing Jack, who seems to have it togehter so well, Iggy wants everyone to see him shine. He wants the halflings to show their stuff!

OOC: I understand... Jack's just not much of a leader. He knows his job, and he does it well, but it ain't telling others what to do. And at the moment, he's feeling every single ounce of Iggy's vicarious halfling ideals land firmly on his shoulders... again... and again... and again... ;) And he knows that's it something he can't possibly live up to; something that will eventuially crushingly dissapoint Iggy, if he lets it go on too long.

Manzanita said:
BIC: Iggy stares at Jack, trying to assess whether he is joking. Jack sees a betrayal of hope in his eyes.

BIC: Jack doesn't look like he's entirely joking.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Well." Iggy straightens his shoulders. "Jack doesn't want to take charge of the stealth operation. "the consensus seems to be to take the smaller campfires first. Let's head towards one." Iggy looks at Jack again.

Pbartender

First Post
"Right. If you'd like, then," Jack offers, "I can take a quick scout ahead to see what we're up against. And if it'd help, I could come up with a fair diversion, as well."

OOC: Of course, Jack has never been adverse to offering the group's leader sound advice where his particular area of expertise is concerned. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads