• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A couple of Cleric spell questions

Wolfix

First Post
Greetings!
While looking up some spells my new cleric could use, I came across some things that were unclear:

-The spell Antilife Shell creates a 10ft radius around the cleric blocking living things. This radius is measured from the edge of the cleric's square, right? Say if he was large size (10x10ft), that would mean the shell would extend another 10ft beyond that and not just 5ft correct? Also, this 10ft blocking shell, does this basically mean that a living enemy would need a weapon with at least 15ft reach to harm me with it?

-The spell Shield of Faith gives +2 deflection bonus to AC, +1 for every 6 levels the character has. If he were to use a Bead of Karma to increase his caster level by 4, would this also increase the bonus given by the Shield? It says 'levels' and not 'caster levels', so I'm not sure if they just intended to mean caster levels or purely character levels. As a side question, would a multiclassed cleric casting Shield of Faith gain benefit for this spell from his non-cleric levels?

Thanks!

SteelDraco

First Post
Wolfix said:
-The spell Shield of Faith gives +2 deflection bonus to AC, +1 for every 6 levels the character has. If he were to use a Bead of Karma to increase his caster level by 4, would this also increase the bonus given by the Shield? It says 'levels' and not 'caster levels', so I'm not sure if they just intended to mean caster levels or purely character levels. As a side question, would a multiclassed cleric casting Shield of Faith gain benefit for this spell from his non-cleric levels?
I'm pretty sure references to level in spell descriptions are always caster level, unless otherwise noted. That spell was probably just poorly templated, and should be read as based on caster level. Therefore, only your cleric levels count, or anything else you've got that increases your cleric caster level.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads