A few annoying eTools things

Hervis

Explorer
War Domain

When I select War as one of a cleric's domains in the character generator, How do I assign his martial weapon proficiency and weapon focus?

ControlFreak

First Post
Re: War Domain

Hervis said:
When I select War as one of a cleric's domains in the character generator, How do I assign his martial weapon proficiency and weapon focus?
In Access, go to the table "info God Domain Feat" and add a new record as follows (all fields in this table with "Id" at the end can use the dropdown to search for the correct value):

GodId = [your God here]
DomainId = "War"
FeatId = "Martial Weapon Proficiency"
WeaponId = [your Weapon here]

Then add a second record with "Weapon Focus" for the FeatId and the rest the same .. Presto!

ControlFreak

ControlFreak

First Post
Ok, I spent some time tonight making revised versions of the Salamander races and monsters. Some of what I did required changes to the database that didn't seem to be tracked by ETHelper (new records in "types Race Special Attacks" and "types Race Special Quality"), so I won't be posting anything at this time. Anyway, first .. here are the stat blocks for the monsters:

Flamebrother CR 2;Small Outsider (Fire); HD 3d8+3 (Outsider); hp 16; Init +1; Spd 20; AC 19; Atk +5 base melee, +5 base ranged; +3/+5 (1d4, Tail slap; 1d6+1, Halfspear); SA: Heat 1d6 (Ex), Constrict 1d4 (Ex); SQ: Fire subtype (Ex); AL NE; SV Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5; STR 12, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 15, CHA 13.
Possessions:
Weapons: Halfspear.
Skills:
Craft (Metalworking) +11, Escape Artist +7, Hide +9, Listen +7, Search +7, Spot +7.
Feats:
Multiattack.

Average Salamander CR 5;Medium Outsider (Fire); HD 7d8+7 (Outsider); hp 38; Init +1; Spd 20; AC 18; Atk +9 base melee, +8 base ranged; +7/+9 (2d6+1, Tail slap; 1d8+3, Longspear); SA: Heat 1d6 (Ex), Constrict 2d6+1 (Ex); SQ: Damage reduction 10/+1 (Su), Fire subtype (Ex); AL NE; SV Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +7; STR 14, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 15, CHA 13.
Possessions:
Weapons: Longspear.
Skills:
Craft (Metalworking) +16, Escape Artist +11, Hide +11, Listen +14, Move Silently +11, Search +12, Spot +14.
Feats:
Alertness, Multiattack.

Noble Salamander CR 9;Large Outsider (Fire); HD 15d8+45 (Outsider); hp 112; Init +1; Spd 20; AC 18; Atk +20 base melee, +15 base ranged; +18/+23 (2d8+3, Tail slap; 2d8+12, +3 Huge Longspear); SA: Spell-like abilities, Heat 1d8 (Ex), Constrict 2d8+3 (Ex); SQ: Fire subtype (Ex), Damage reduction 20/+2 (Su); Racial Features: (Summon Monster VII only for Huge Fire Elemental); AL NE; SV Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +11; STR 22, DEX 13, CON 16, INT 15, WIS 15, CHA 15.
Possessions:
Weapons: +3 Huge Longspear.
Skills:
Bluff +11, Craft (Metalworking) +24, Diplomacy +11, Escape Artist +19, Hide +15, Listen +20, Move Silently +17, Search +20, Sense Motive +12, Spot +20.
Feats:
Cleave, Great Cleave, Multiattack, Power Attack.

The main things I did were:

1) Fix everything so that they matched the MM exactly (skills, etc)

2) The Special Attacks included "Heat (Ex)". I added "Heat 1d6 (Ex)" and "Heat 1d8" to make calculating the extra damage easier. Same thing with constrict damage and Damage Reduction. I only wish there was a way for Damage Reduction to print on the Character Sheet where it's supposed to :(

... and here are the problems I faced:

1) The Noble Salamander has Spell-like abilities that are entered in detail (Fireball 3/day, etc). I can't see how these can be put on the stat block or anywhere else.

2) For some reason the Noble Salamander's Tail Slap is calculating wrong at +18 (should be +15).

3) There were a couple of times that I had to completely exit the program before a change I made in the program seemed to appear. For example, I added Huge Longspear to the weapons, but I couldn't give the Noble Salamander the proficiency until I completely exited and started up again.

Now .. on to the Fire Elementals .. can't help but notice that Huge and Elder aren't even there :rolleyes:

ControlFreak

Last edited:

Davin

First Post
ControlFreak said:
Some of what I did required changes to the database that didn't seem to be tracked by ETHelper (new records in "types Race Special Attacks" and "types Race Special Quality"), so I won't be posting anything at this time.
FYI -- For semi-technical reasons, ET Helper doesn't export any changes to any of the "types..." or "lookup..." tables. Hopefully there will be a reliable way to get around this sometime in the future.

Remove ads