a few Q's about the G series conversions

Dungeonmajesty

First Post
1. has any one ran them, and if so how did it play?
2. does anny one know when the DL section will be back up and functioning?
any replies would be great

qstor

Adventurer
I ran G1 at the Detroit ENWorld Game day. We didn't finish the module though. I gave the Pc's 10th level pre-gens and I think if I finish it, I'll bump the pre-gens up to 12th level and give them a few more magic items. The PC's dimension doored into the dire wolf pen and had a bit of a problem with the wolves.

The conversion I used was 3.0 but it wasn't really a problem to convert it to 3.5. I just used the 3.5 stats in the Monster Manual.

Mike

kenobi65

First Post
We're in the midst of G1 right now. I'm using the conversion pretty much as-written; the PC party consists of a cleric, a fighter, a wizard, and a rogue / sorcerer, with an average level of 15 or so.

They're tough fights; going against multiple giants at once is a real challenge, and the collection of critters in Room 11 is truly nasty in 3E / 3.5.

Fortunately, the players I'm running this for are very smart, and they've used guerrilla tactics to draw some of the giants out of the fort, allowing them to handle smaller groups at one time. It's been a fun challenge for me as the DM to take what's fundamentally a dungeon crawl, and adapt it to the party's tactics.

A few of the fights have been pretty brutal for the PCs (if a giant crits, he does a TON of damage), but no deaths so far. :)

They've pretty much cleared out the first level, and are about to go downstairs.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
I wish I could download this... but the download section gives me an error.
Could someone email these to me? I want to run them for my group.

wrathamon_bsr(at)yahoo.com

thanks!!

-k

JLou

First Post
Kenobi65 (or anyone else feeling generous). Would you please share that conversion with me? I am getting desperate for it. I have decided to start them with White Plume and move into the giants.

My email is jlou2k@yahoo.com

Any help you are willing to provide is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

qstor

Adventurer
I dont have it at work but I'll try and send it along. There should be a cached version on Google from the old Eric Noah site. That's where I found one of the conversions that I was missing.

Mike

ARCIMIDAIS

First Post
G1-2-3 Conversion To 3.0/3.5

Looking for a conversion for the Against the Giants Modules. Wondering if one is available rather than having to do it myself. If anyone knows where one is available please let me know. Thanks.

P.S. My email is scfudge@hotmail.com Please feel free to email me if you can help me out.

terrainmonkey

First Post
just use the monster stats out of the MM. beef up the main giant to a fighter with a few class levels stacked on top of a giant, and make up the save dc's for traps and what not. why is this so hard to figure out? use the maps in the module, use the read aloud text or the description of the rooms and flavor text it. there's no real conversion, as you shouldn't need it. just make it up as you go along. that's what i would do. hell, half the time i don't even stat the monsters out, just make the giants uber, fight like they are defending thier homes, and you'll do just fine.

Remove ads