• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Gaming Table My Wife Will Let Me Have

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
I'd be afraid to let anyone near it, in case it gets scratched.:eek:

Everyone would be required to wear a protective smock to keep anything that might scratch it away (belt buckles, buttons, metal dice, etc.).

I'd rather build my own out of materials I'd be less worried about. And then I'd use the money I saved for a built-in, dedicated computer network and a horizontally mounted, large flat screen TV for maps.:D

Mindseye

Explorer
I checked it out at GenCon and actually asked them about sales.........one of the booth guys told me they had already taken several orders during the show.

I don't know how well sales would hold up in the current economic times.....seems like the ultimate gaming luxury item. Funny though, I had the same thought as the original poster's thread title. People pay that for pool tables all the time. (Working on my justification)

Korgoth

First Post
Well I declare. "Luxury gaming". Whodathunkit?

I imagine a group of well-heeled gamers dressed in tuxedoes imbibing cognac and single malt scotch while gathered around the Sultan for a rousing game of Diplomacy.

I sure wish I was one of those guys....

Xyxox

Hero
Well I declare. "Luxury gaming". Whodathunkit?

I imagine a group of well-heeled gamers dressed in tuxedoes imbibing cognac and single malt scotch while gathered around the Sultan for a rousing game of Diplomacy.

I sure wish I was one of those guys....

In the words of Igor Olman, "IT SHALL BE MINE!"

Seriously, I'd love to come up with something like that. The materials used in construction appear to be the best possible.

Sammael

Adventurer
Very utilitarian. However, from the aesthetics point of view, I would never put that piece of furniture in my house. If I had that kind of cash, though, I'm sure the company would entertain my stylistic requests...

gtoasnt3

First Post
I'd be afraid to let anyone near it, in case it gets scratched.:eek:

Everyone would be required to wear a protective smock to keep anything that might scratch it away (belt buckles, buttons, metal dice, etc.).

:lol: Sorry guys, but there is to be NO food or drinks anywhere near the table (even though there are cup holders)!

Last edited:

Xyxox

Hero
Very utilitarian. However, from the aesthetics point of view, I would never put that piece of furniture in my house. If I had that kind of cash, though, I'm sure the company would entertain my stylistic requests...

They defninitely will work with you and will do custom work, but it's more expensive.

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
You know she only said you could have it because she knows it probably won't happen, don't you? ;)

Women are like that... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads