A Great New Fantasy Card Game

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Happy Christmas!

I just have to plug the Adventurer card game, "Castle Deck" by K.R. Boirgoine as it is a most enjoyable and brand new offering of dungeon-like adventure for 2 to 6 (the basic set has only 4 player "Hero" cards, but you can make your own so as to expand the number).

Each Hero has four "lives" and a special ability, so playing each is somewhat different. Fellow game designer Tom Wham liked the Adventurer game so much he immediately drew up two more Hero cards, a Cleric that gained +1 against undead and could heal one lost life once in the game, and a Thief that gains +2 on dice rolls against traps.

Each card has interesting art, an encounter, and a reward in the lower portion of it. Players flip over the top card of the stock, fight the monster by rolling 2d6 or attempt to flee. A defeated monster then becomes the player's prize, as at its bottom portion the card will list some magical goodie such as a +2 short sword, a healing potion, etc.

The objective in this particular deck is to locate and defeat the vampire in whose castle the players are at large, A number of special items are necessary to have a chance of success. If the vampire count wins, the player's Hero loses a life and the vampire card is shuffled back into the remaining stock of undrawn cards.

A game lasts about half of an hour. I have played it several times now and enjoyed the game a lot. I am looking forward to both sets of expansion cards and new decks--dungeons, caves, whatever!

To learn more go to: www.ADVENTURERGAME.com

Yuletide best wishes,
Gary

Last edited:

MojoGM

First Post
Cool, I really enjoy games like this!

I'll check it out a my local gameshop or see if they can order it for me.

Thanks Gary!

KRBourgoine

First Post
Gary, thank you so much for the kind words. :D

I created a contact sheet of some of the cards because some people wanted to see more of the game. I hope this helps.

K.R.Bourgoine

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Yuletide Greetings,

Yes, publishing expansions is difficult with a small company and limioted cash flow. I d know that many are planned though.

Christmas best wishes,
Gary

WizarDru

Adventurer
I was unaware this game even existed. I look forward to getting and playing it. It sounds like a perfect game to play with my family. Thanks for the heads-up, Gary.

Remove ads