D&D 5E A half-elven question for the lore masters

jgsugden

Legend
The correct answer is: Pick the mechanics that are the most fun. Ask the DM if you can use them. If he says yes, You have your answer. If he says no, ask him what mechanics to use.

jgsugden

Legend
Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide has some. You give the half drow some drow abilities and remove one of the half-elf ones... I forget which.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
If you don't want to use silver hair, my next suggestion for "drow trait to inherit" is Sunlight Sensitivity. Give them spectacular smokey lavender eyes...that can't hack bright light.

TheLoneRanger1979

First Post
If you don't want to use silver hair, my next suggestion for "drow trait to inherit" is Sunlight Sensitivity. Give them spectacular smokey lavender eyes...that can't hack bright light.
That sounds like a good idea. I already opted for silvery eyes with violet/obsidian strains (when i decided what physical trait to take), that he inherited from his grand mother. Is the rule for taking one drow feature and substituting one regular half elven, for first generation half-drow only (half drow), or does it work for second generation as well (quarter drow)?

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I don't think it's a "rule." I think it's a "you can model this this way, if you want...[unspoken: or do something else]." I don't have the SCAG either, so I don't know.

In the case of sunlight sensitivity, and the fact it's a second generation/.25 drow, I would probably just throw the SS on and leave the half-elven traits as it. The + 1/-1 for a first generation, sure. But this is the next generation, and it's a [genetic] "flaw." So I'd just leave the half-elf traits alone and tack SS on.

But that's just me. I suppose you'd have to clear whatever you wanted to do with your DM.

Remove ads