• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Hard Time in Harrowdale: The Cavernous Cellar Caper

Voda Vosa

First Post
Abde'Ragman switches to his quarterstaff. It seemed that the fight was not going to allow him to use his crossbow for a while.

[sblock=OOC]Woops! I though I had acted already! Sorry! Tell me one thing, I don't remember if switching weapons allows me to attack or not? According to this I'll edit.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Fayne chops apart rat #10 with his glaive, stepping back. Evanar takes a swing but mis-times it, striking only the cold, hard ground.

[sblock=OOC]Evanar: Since Fayne cuts down rat #10 on his turn, and you go last in the initiative, you can take a move action this round without suffering an attack of opportunity. If you want to move to another spot on the map, anyway.

Abrielle: Still waiting on her action.

Abde'ragman: You can drop your crossbow as a free action, draw your quarterstaff as a move action, then attack as a standard action. Since you're 2nd-level now and have a +1 Base Attack Bonus, you can move up to your speed while drawing the staff.

However, rat #9 currently has total cover versus Abde'ragman and vice versa, due to the stairway and just how short the rat is. Abde'ragman could potentially hit it, but it has plenty of AC against him thanks to that total cover. If Abde'ragman wants to hit rat #9 with a decent chance of success, he would have to move past Abrielle and provoke an attack of opportunity from the rat due to his movement.

So he could attack the rat with its much higher AC due to cover, or he could move 2 spaces to the "right" on the map and attack the rat normally, but suffer an attack himself in return.[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abby stepped back and aimed her bow, releasing another arrow. She was ready to use Sleep if more rats showed, but wouldn't waste it on a single rodent.

[sblock]5 foot step to avoid triggering an AOO, Attack: 18+4=22, DMG: 1+1=2
Inspire Courage 3/5 rounds left (for everyone). Oh, and sorry for being absent the past few days :( [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
OOC: Sorry folks, been busy, tired, and sick this week, and lost my internet access during most of last week. Will finally update this thread later today and resume normal posting rates. Will edit this post later today with the update.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: get well. I realize the loss of internet would keep you from posting a status. Do you have any friends with internet that can post on enworld (to give a heads up kinda thing) as a future back up?

Arkhandus

First Post
Rats! Round 4

Evanar fumbles a bit, while Fayne steps back and cuts down the rat giving Evanar trouble. Abde'ragman holds his staff in a defensive position, ready to swat away the rat if it tries to lunge at him again.

However, the dire rat by Abrielle and Abde'ragman snaps at Abrielle twice, as she steps away slightly and shoots it, dealing a grazing hit, then again afterward. Then the rat skitters away, trailing blood from the arrow that struck its side.

[sblock=Round 4]Initiatives:
20 Dire Rats (#9 at 3 hp, #11 at 0 hp, #3-5 asleep, others dead)
18 Fayne (4 damage suffered so far, infected)
11 Abde'ragman
7 Abrielle (4 damage suffered so far)
5 Evanar (16 damage suffered so far)

ABRIELLE still needs to make a Fortitude save to avoid infection from the rat bite last round.

She's too close and cannot get out of reach with a 5-foot step, so she takes an AoO from the rat. Abrielle deals 2 damage to dire rat #9, not enough to kill it. The rat gets a 9 and misses.

Evanar passes his saving throw. Abde'ragman takes a defensive position with his staff. Fayne steps back and cuts down the rat that was bothering Evanar.

Rat #9 bites at Abrielle again, then retreats out of sight. It gets an 11 and misses again. Fayne may make an attack of opportunity against the rat.

Rats #3, 4, and 5 have partial cover (+2 AC) and are asleep. Rat #11 has total cover and is hiding, but Abrielle saw where it went so she knows where it's hiding.

Everyone may take their turns again.

Map: Garret's Cellar
A__X__a__FR_O__R__R__?
s__X__X__3R_4__5R_O__?
s__O__X__X__E__X__O__?
s__X__X__X__O__X__X__X
s__X__O__X__O__X__R__X
11_R_9O__X__R__?__?__?
?__?__?__X__X___?__?__?
?__?__?__O__O__O__?__?
Map Key: A = Abde'ragman, a = Abrielle, E = Evanar, F = Fayne, 1-11 = dire rats, X = empty 5-foot space, s = stairway, R = rough terrain (small boxes and such), O = obstacles (piles of stuff you can't cross or see past), ? = areas you can't see yet, yellow areas are lit up, blue areas have shadowy illumination.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Fayne rushes the still conscious rats, eager to cut the vermin down.

AC: 15, hit points 16/20
Initiative 18

Move 5' diagonally "southwest", then 5' "south" and then 5' diagonally "southwest" to put Rats #9 and #11 10' away.
Glaive vrs Dire Rat #9: 14
Damage: 13

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads