• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E A humble 4e suggestion

Henry

Autoexreginated
Great catch. :D We have the price for a spell component pouch with components, but not a quiver or sheath...

Stone Dog

Adventurer
Wierd! I never noticed that before. I guess you just keep buying new ones with every set of arrows! Adventuring archers are such divas. "I simply CAN'T be seen with the same quiver as I used last level!"

Knight Otu

First Post
The equipment lists bundle some stuff together that belongs together, but do so in rather inconsistent fashion - you can buy a lantern only to find that you forgot oil or a way to light it, but you never fail to buy a new quiver for arrows or a new scabbard along with your new sword. It would be better if there was a single consistent approach, yes.

Masquerade

First Post
der_kluge said:
Put an actual "quiver" in the equipment section.
I'm afraid I have to disagree.

If the cost and weight of an object are nearly negligible and the object doesn't serve any purpose mechanically, I'm not sure it needs to be listed in the book.

kenobi65

First Post
wgreen said:
Each set of arrows you buy comes with a quiver, so there's no need to buy them separately. Likewise with sheaths and scabbards.

Perhaps 4E will be more environmentally responsible. The trash heaps of 3.5 dungeons are obviously choked full with empty quivers. Pelor knows how long those will take to decompose -- the otyughs won't touch 'em!

:D

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Masquerade said:
I'm afraid I have to disagree.

If the cost and weight of an object are nearly negligible and the object doesn't serve any purpose mechanically, I'm not sure it needs to be listed in the book.

Some folks, such as myself, take joy in cataloguing every item that I may have on my person (negligible for weight purposes or not).

:)

Remove ads