D&D 5E A lich just did something to me and I am not sure what happened. Can someone please explain to me?

Ok so it turns out it was just pitch black (still is) and I spent hours in darkness in what seems to be an underground catacombs which in every direction leads back to the same wall. There is gooey undead things crawling on the ground (I am a paladin and sensed undead all around me) and if I was still for too long stuff would begin crawling up my legs. I prayed for any god to save me and a small light appeared. I am a bit worried I have signed myself up for a pact with a devil or something so I am extremely nervous.
Are you extremely nervous or is your character extremely nervous?

I would expect your character to be nervous, but if you're extremely nervous then that needs to be addressed.

What you're describing sounds like pretty fun night at the gaming table.

Leucis Deceit

Villager
I don’t have any items on me, the lich stripped all my armour and gear off so I’m pretty much naked. My lay on hands only gave me 2 hit points so it was working at a fifth of its power.

The lich touched my neck.

Last edited:

I do not know. I am blind at the moment, my party members think I am dead and I fell underground through unsolid rock and am feeling "Something squishy & crunchy" underneath me.

On the plus side, one of your armored party member mitigated your fall!

Or you're about to be masticated.

Ok so it turns out it was just pitch black (still is) and I spent hours in darkness in what seems to be an underground catacombs

I am disappointed now.

I prayed for any god to save me and a small light appeared. I am a bit worried

You should. If only one of my players had dared pray "to any god" when in an unknown place (that would be revealed to be a temple to some really awful god you've request divine intervention from...) But they know better, unfortunately. Or they know me. The reduced effect from your "lay on hands" would be a hint enough that you're far from the contact of your deity. Was it before you prayed to any god? I hope your god isn't into monolatry, BTW.

I have litterally put thousands of gold pieces in an offering urn at the bottom of a statue vaguely-venerable looked and they 100% denied taking the money.

Last edited:

Leucis Deceit

Villager
So some long forgotten god saved me (domain of life) and gave me some ancient gnomish flails. I had to give up my gods for this one and they gave me three levels in cleric so I have transferred from paladin to cleric. They did some spell which caused me to travel miles across a swamp and catch up with my party. I am now back with my party and have a load of cool new abilities. They all were so shocked cause they saw me get killed by the lich.

Remove ads