A Look At The D&D Acquisitions Inc. Book

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

book_aidnd05.jpg

Details include:
  • Authors: Shawn Merwin, Teos “Alphastream” Abadia, and Scott Fitzgerald Grey.
  • Archetypes: cartographer, decisionist, documancer, hoardsperson, loremonger, obviator, occultant, secretarian.
  • New race: Verdan.
  • A complete adventure.
  • Monster & NPC stat blocks.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
I don't think the style will go beyond this product, but given the massive fan base for the show, I reckon this will receive a pretty huge release...

I doubt it. Personally, I don't think that a significant percentage of D&D players are engaged in Penny Arcade content. I could be wrong, but almost everyone I know who plays D&D (veteran or otherwise) has never looked at any AI content.

D1Tremere

Adventurer
I doubt it. Personally, I don't think that a significant percentage of D&D players are engaged in Penny Arcade content. I could be wrong, but almost everyone I know who plays D&D (veteran or otherwise) has never looked at any AI content.

I'm not sure how that stands up.
They now have at least 3 major D&D shows at every Pax convention. They have had 2 of the designers for D&D running their games. They have so many D&D fans that various elements from their games have become cannon in the D&D products. Their show was used to launch both Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and Ravnica. They have content in the Neverwinter MMO, and Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. Most of the writers, designers, content creators, and community managers for WotC attend PAX and mention them often. That suggests that there is a significant overlap between PA/PAX/AI/D&D.
I know most of my friends who play D&D are also fans of multiple things from that list, though that is just my anecdotal experience.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
I'm not sure how that stands up.
They now have at least 3 major D&D shows at every Pax convention. They have had 2 of the designers for D&D running their games. They have so many D&D fans that various elements from their games have become cannon in the D&D products. Their show was used to launch both Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and Ravnica. They have content in the Neverwinter MMO, and Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. Most of the writers, designers, content creators, and community managers for WotC attend PAX and mention them often. That suggests that there is a significant overlap between PA/PAX/AI/D&D.
I know most of my friends who play D&D are also fans of multiple things from that list, though that is just my anecdotal experience.

A survey would need to be conducted in order to gain further data.

Remove ads

Remove ads